Design Operations Program Manager at Intuit Credit Karma (Charlotte, NC)
Credit Karma is a mission-driven company, focused on championing financial progress for our more than 100 million members in the U.S., Canada and U.K. While we're best known for pioneering free credit scores, our members turn to us for tips as they work on their financial goals, including helping them monitor their credit, identity monitoring, searching for credit cards, shopping for loans (car, home and personal), and growing their savings* -- all for free. Credit Karma has grown significantly through the years: we've added more than 70 million members in the last five years alone and now have more than 1,100 employees across our offices in Oakland, Charlotte, Los Angeles and London.
*Banking services provided by MVB Bank, Inc., Member FDIC
Credit Karma is building its Design Operations practice from the ground up. The Product Design team is looking for an experienced Design Operations Program Manager to help scale operations for our design practice.
As the first Design Operations hire, you will partner with the Head of Operations for Design to help establish scalable best practices, and shape design operations at Credit Karma. You will build and evolve efficient processes and structure for projects within the design organization. You are a strategic collaborator and will partner with the Design Managers to manage deadlines, eliminate roadblocks, and push the delivery of design projects over the finish line. You embrace complex problems. You are a trusted partner, and an advocate for the Product Design team and the design process. You will report to the Manager of Design Operations and Research.What you'll do:
- You will work with Design leadership to identify operational team needs, make recommendations for improvement, and guide the development of related projects
- You understand, shape, and standardize our design process, practice, and design operating model
- You will create scalable solutions for our design process, practice, and design operating model
- You will manage the end-to-end design process, practice, and operating model
- You will lead quarterly planning and prioritization with design and internal partners
- You will partner with design managers to scope projects, set metrics and manage project roadmaps
- You will help ensure designers have the right tools, resources, and processes
- You will improve collaboration across product, design, and engineering
- You will work with Researcher Ops to track our project return on investment
- You will work with Design Managers to communicate project risk
- You will break down impediments that prevent things from moving forward
- Bachelor's degree
- 4+ years of experience working with Design teams as Design Operations, Design Program Manager, or Product Designer Manager
- Knowledge of, and experience managing current product design, methods, systems, and tools
- Experience managing workflows, project plans and ship high-quality design
- Experience managing internal partner relationships
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Credit Karma is committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. We believe that such an environment advances long-term professional growth, creates a robust business, and supports our mission of championing financial progress for everyone. We offer generous benefits and perks with a single eye to nourishing an inclusive environment that recognizes the contributions of all and fosters diversity by supporting our internal Employee Resource Groups. We’ve worked hard to build an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and the opportunity for professional growth. As part of the Credit Karma team, your voice will be heard, your contributions will matter, and your unique background and experiences will be celebrated.
Credit Karma is also proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We welcome all candidates without regard to race, color, religion, age, marital status, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, veteran or military status, disability (physical or mental), genetic information, or any other protected characteristic. We prohibit discrimination of any kind and operate in compliance with applicable fair chance or similar ordinances.
COVID-19 update: Protecting the health of our employees and the candidates interested in a career at Credit Karma is our top priority. We appreciate your understanding and being open and flexible with any changes related to our interviewing process. Moving forward, all new hires are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and to share proof of that status upon onboarding. If you are unable to be vaccinated for medical or religious reasons, we will explore potential reasonable accommodations; however, Credit Karma may not be able to grant such accommodations in all cases.
Credit Karma is strongly committed to protecting personal data. Please take a look below to review our privacy policies:
- California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA)