Helping careers take flight. Reshaping an industry. Enable you career to be Made on Duck Creek.
WHAT WE ARE ABOUT:
Our global team creates technology solutions that the insurance world has never seen - but really needs. With offices around the globe, our inclusive, innovative teams collaborate to continuously evolve our product offering that world class P&C Insurers build their core systems on – Billing, Claims, Policy, Insights, Reinsurance and more. The team at Duck Creek helps insurance companies bring amazing ideas to life quickly and easily with software that thinks and works like they do.
Duck Creek is proud to be a Remote-First employer, empowering our employees with the choice to work from an office, from home or on a hybrid schedule. Our remote-first environment fosters inclusion, collaboration, and ensures a consistent employee experience regardless of location. We support our employees in making a decision that allows them to be the most productive they can be both at work and at home.
If working in a fast paced, rapidly evolving company that is transforming one of the world’s oldest and largest industries into a standard for innovation and open exchange sounds exciting, let us know. We are excited for your career to be Made on Duck Creek.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
The Delivery Lead is responsible for leading teams to deliver project(s) for clients, and manages schedules, financials, and project change requests to ensure successful and on-time project delivery. The Delivery Lead identifies and addresses potential issues and risks that may impact project deliverables, and serves as the point of escalation for project related activities, and is the escalation point for the Customer. The role may be expected to work across multiple complex projects simultaneously.
- Responsible for leading teams to deliver project(s) for clients,
- Manages the day-to-day project activities and deliverables, including schedules, financials, and project change requests
- Provides on-site leadership for project team by building and motivating team members to meet project goals, adhering to their responsibilities and project milestones
- Identifies and develops trusted adviser relationship with project and program stakeholders, sponsors and university stakeholders
- Serves as the point of escalation for project related activities, and for the Customer
- Reports on project results, metrics, test and deployment management activities
- Prepares estimates and detailed project plan for all phases of the project
- Provides status reporting regarding project milestones, deliverable, dependencies, risks and issues, communicating across leadership
- Understands interdependencies between technology, operations and business needs
- Manages project scope and changes
- Supports formal/informal schedules to manage the engagement contract
- Assists management in defining the Statement of Work
- Sets and continually manages project and program expectations while delegating and managing deliverable with team members and stakeholders
- Develops and delivers progress reports, proposals, requirements documentation and presentations to various audiences, including project team, sponsors, CIO and key stakeholders
- Mentors project team members
- May work across multiple complex projects simultaneously.
WHAT YOU’VE DONE:
- Bachelor’s degree required, and/or higher level, or foreign equivalent
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification is a plus
- 12+ years of Project Management / Delivery Lead experience
- Experience in successfully leading projects and programs to on-time, on-schedule and within budget
- Experience leading, motivating and managing various project team sizes, including internal and external resources, while holding team accountable for performance
- Demonstrated experience managing a client
- Demonstrated experience working both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Excellent leadership, communication (written, verbal and presentation) and interpersonal skills
- Superior skills in Microsoft applications including Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Outlook.
- Exceptional organizational skills
- Team-building skills with technical and non-technical staff
- Flexible with proven ability to conform to shifting priorities, demands and timelines through analytical and problem-solving capabilities
- Travel: 25-50%
- Work Authorization: Legally authorized to work in the country of the job location.
- Physical: Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time. Jobs are sedentary if walking and standing are required only occasionally and all other sedentary criteria are met.
Our global company celebrates & leverages the differences each employee brings to the table. Our success is a direct result of an inclusive culture where opportunities to learn from one another occur regardless of title, seniority or background. This collaborative and team-oriented approach is at the core of how we operate and continuously improve our products, services and systems. As such, Duck Creek is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees and applicants - to recruit, hire, train, and reward employees for their individual abilities, achievements and experience without regard to race, color, gender, religion, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, marital, military, or any other protected status.
Duck Creek Technologies does not accept nor will we pay a fee for any hires resulting from unsolicited headhunter or agency resumes.