Customer Service Talent Experience Onboarding Manager at Chewy
Chewy is on a mission to be the most trusted and convenient online destination for pet parents (and partners), everywhere. To fulfill that mission, Chewy is seeking a Talent Experience Onboarding Manager who will support Customer Service Talent Acquisition by leading the onboarding experience for new Chewtopians, ensuring an exceptional experience that stands up to Chewy’s award winning customer service brand. In this role, you’ll be part of building something brand new that will directly impact the candidate and employee experience and play an integral part in retaining top Talent at Chewy.
What You’ll Do:
- Act as a Talent Concierge, serving as the main point of contact for new Chewtopians from the time of offer acceptance through the first month of employment.
- Collaborate cross-functionally and assign tasks and timelines to partners in Human Resources, IT, Facilities, Learning and Development, and Engagement ensuring all necessary pre-boarding tasks are executed prior to start dates.
- Successfully coordinate and confirm the setup of new hire profiles, system access, equipment orders and workspace assignments.
- Partner with Hiring Managers to gather requirements relative to soon-to-be Chewtopian roles and assist with setting goals for at least one project to be accomplished during the onboarding phase.
- Develop a personalized onboarding schedule for all new Chewtopians, including office tours, new hire orientation, required trainings, and meet and greets.
- Facilitate a series of check in calls with soon-to-be Chewtopians to effectively communicate essential information relating to personalized pre-boarding and on-boarding plans.
- Develop supplemental pre-boarding and onboarding content that leaves lasting impressions.
- Book travel and accommodations required for Chewtopians’ first weeks on the job.
- Partner with the relocation vendor to ensure the successful execution of relocating new Chewtopians.
- Partner with Employee Engagement team to prepare and deliver meaningful, personalized and Chewy-ized swag to new Chewtopians.
- Identify and train internal onboarding representatives within each department that can assist with welcoming and onboarding new Chewtopians to their teams.
- Group new Chewtopians across different departments into “Pawds” and coordinate introductions and networking lunches or events.
- Leverage survey tools to track new Chewtopian sentiment and develop action plans to continuously improve the onboarding experience.
- Develop program standards and document Standard Operating Procedures.
- Provide guidance and direction to Talent Onboarding Specialists to ensure the successful execution of onboarding across all of Chewy Customer Service.
What You’ll Need:
- Associate or Bachelor’s degree highly preferred
- Minimum of 3 years in a similar role, responsible for operational processes and high touch candidate and/or employee experience
- Track record of collaboration, problem solving, and juggling of multiple priorities
- Proven ability to multitask effectively and experience working in a fast-paced work environment
- Strong computer skills in MS Office, use of third-party tools and comfort in learning new computer applications quickly
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Passion for and experience in providing outstanding customer service to internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to travel occasionally to other offices
If you have a disability under the Americans with Disabilities Act or similar law, or you require a religious accommodation, and you wish to discuss potential accommodations related to applying for employment at Chewy, please contact HR at chewy dot com