Creative Project Manager at M1 Finance
Who we are
M1 Finance has created a personal wealth-building platform made for the modern era, uniting personal perspective and automated ease. We seamlessly combine free investing, low cost borrowing and digital checking all in one intuitive, automated Finance Super App, and we’re driven by a mission to empower personal financial well-being. We believe that financial well-being is fundamental to overall well-being, and we strive to deliver products that are simpler, smarter, and stronger than those created by our boring, entrenched, and slow-moving competitors in the personal finance industry.
Our clients have already trusted us with over $4 billion of assets, we’re currently helping hundreds of thousands of people grow and manage their wealth with our industry-leading automation and tools, and we’re adding thousands of new clients every day.
We’re looking for passionate people who want to improve and build on what we’ve created and take responsibility to help others build something meaningful and sustainable for their futures.
We mean it when we say, “M1 is yours to build.”
If this sounds interesting to you, read on!
What we’re looking for
We’re looking for a passionate, detail-oriented, resourceful, and charismatic project manager with a passion for all things creative.
As the Creative Project Manager, you’ll be the air traffic controller for all creative deliverables on the M1 Marketing team. You’ll work closely with the Creative Team and will help plan and oversee projects from start to finish, creating requests for graphic designers and copywriters, tracking compliance review of deliverables, keeping key stakeholders updated on progress, and flagging risks when they arise.
You should feel comfortable in a fast-paced startup environment and excited to work with us on setting and establishing our processes. You understand the importance and purpose of the PM role, and you’ll take ownership of keeping the team connected and following processes to keep things running smoothly.
Joining the M1 Marketing team is a great opportunity if you want the responsibility and accountability for leading projects, creating and formalizing creative production processes, and being part of a close-knit team. And if you have a passion for fintech, you need to apply.
What you’ll do
- Organize work and focus the Marketing Creative Team on what needs to be accomplished.
- Serve as point of contact for various teams (Marketing, Product, People, Client Success, Operations, Compliance), collect project information and needs, and route back to the creative team to ensure cross-functional team actions remain in synergy.
- Establish project needs, develop production schedule, set deadlines and ensure completion of deliverables within defined scope and budget.
- Prioritize projects in a time-crunched, fast-paced environment.
- Facilitate communication and schedule meetings to expedite project processes, communicate status, and resolve issues when they arise.
- Track compliance review status.
- Adjust schedules and targets on projects as needs or financing for the project change.
- 5+ years of experience as a Project Manager in a startup or agency setting, preferably in a creative team or environment.
- An entrepreneurial mindset, always looking to improve processes.
- Ability to work collaboratively as part of a larger team in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to manage multiple projects at the same time.
- Comfort using task management tools like Asana.
- Strong budget and project management skills with excellent attention to detail.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability to work within tight deadlines, adjust to changes in priorities, and balance short-term needs with long-term strategic initiatives.
- Positive outlook and proactive mindset.
- Experience with WordPress or a similar CMS
- Experience with Salesforce Marketing Cloud or CRM
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite
- Knowledge of the finance industry
M1's Commitment to Diversity
M1 is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate different experiences and we're committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI) at all levels of the company. Women, minorities, veterans, members of the LGBTQIA+ community, and individuals with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply. With our three DEI task forces (internal education, recruiting, and community involvement), M1 employees and leaders set aside company time to tackle DEI projects and achieve goals every quarter.
Our team embodies our eight core principles and if these principles speak to you – we’d love to talk with you.
- Mission Driven: We will passionately apply ourselves to deliver immense value to our customers, knowing if they succeed, so too will the company
- Extreme Ownership: We think and act like owners. Our focus is building long-term value, not scoring short-term marks. We own everything in our domain, including the outcome and everything that affects it
- Boldness: We want to do things of consequence. Make a difference. We would rather fail at something meaningful than succeed at something trivial
- Bias for action: The best way to make progress is to act
- Economical: Efficiency is important, and we consider both the costs and benefits of our actions
- Team-oriented: In working together, we maintain a low ego, make everyone feel welcome, assume good intent, trust one another, and seek out different perspectives. We empower our teammates to be at their best.
- Challenged, but not overwhelmed: We are curious people who always want to grow. Growth happens outside our comfort zone. We achieve our potential through consistent, manageable growth
- Integrity: We do the right thing. When we make mistakes, we own and correct them. We would be proud of our actions are shared with our family, friends, and strangers. Everyone can count on us to act according to our values, beliefs, and principles we state we hold. This trust must never be broken.
- Competitive Pay and Stock Options
- Comprehensive health, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance
- Retirement benefit with employer match
- Unlimited PTO
- $500 to spend on home office equipment while working from home
- Stylish M1 swag
- Socially distant team outings, celebrations, and events
- Transparent and open communication with leadership
- Office in the Loop with a Game Room and Gym