Creative Project Manager III at Cox Enterprises (Atlanta, GA)
We exist to change minds and move markets for businesses we believe in. Our mantras are: more talent, less ego; be kind and direct; start with yes; be optimistic; and cultivate your curiosity.
The Creative Project Manager III is You will be expected to have the right people in the right place at the right time to enable the agency to produce great creative work - on time, on budget and as efficiently as possible.
As a Creative Project Manager, you must be able to manage multiple creative projects at the same time - from developing initial statements of work, estimates and timelines through project delivery. You will be responsible for developing and implementing the project plan and budget, and working with creative leadership on staff plan. You must manage change throughout the life of each project; monitoring project status, and ensuring changing resource and project requirements are communicated to all members of the project team.
- Lead complex projects independently
- Create basic SOW documents, timelines and budgets
- Contribute to the creative process by assessing feasibility of the proposed solutions
- Develop, implement and manage the project plan
- Day-to-day management of the project from initiation through implementation: Monitor project scopes, schedules, and budgets; maintain status settings and communicate project status; and adjust resources and priorities accordingly.
- Resolve schedule and resource conflicts
- Track and report project budgets and financials
- Collaborate closely with the Account Manager assigned to the project to be the client relationship lead, the client directly when appropriate, as well as creative leadership and other agency professionals to plan resources
- Oversee the project team's activities to guarantee overall quality of work and ensure the project is delivered on time and on budget
- Work within our agency management system, Workamajig, to build projects, estimates and schedules
- Ensure that proper forecasting is being done for all assigned creative projects
- Attend and participate actively in all necessary status meetings.
- Follow established approvals processes. Coordinate with production staff throughout the creative development process.
- Coordinate with any freelance or outside creative resources/vendors, as needed.
- Keep detailed records of the life of a project and share information as necessary.
- Ensure that issues and risks are anticipated, identified and properly escalated and resolved. Seek final resolution on all issues so projects do not stall or fall out of scope without warning.
- Conduct internal copy/layout reviews with core team and ensure all assets are routed internally, with specific attention to required creative and proofreading approvals.
- Ensure adequate amount of time, whenever possible, for the routing and review of materials.
- Facilitate presentations and review of final asset with client and provide recommendations pertaining to budget, timing, production, etc.
- Identify out-of-scope activities.
- Manage change requests initiated by the account team to ensure delivery and completion by full team
- A minimum of 7+ years of project management or professional services experience
- Knowledge of project management software tools and management techniques
- Hands-on experience with the day-to-day management of multiple projects
- Demonstrated track record of successfully planning and managing small and medium-scale project implementations from start to finish
- 1-2 years direct client interaction and management
- 1-2 years indirect financial management responsibilities; project-level budget management
- Experience working within agency management or project management software, such as Workmajig
- Understanding of creative production.
- A self-starter who is curious.
- Extremely detailed oriented and organized.
- Exceptional time management skills
- Excellent writing and communication skills.
- Cool, calm, collected and collaborative.
- Strong sense of design and experience with industry leading creative output.
- Proficient in MS Office applications, Adobe Acrobat Professional.
USD 84,600.00 - 127,000.00 per year
Cox empowers employees to build a better future and has been doing so for over 120 years. With exciting investments and innovations across transportation, communications, cleantech and healthcare, our family of businesses - which includes Cox Automotive and Cox Communications - is forging a better future for us all. Ready to make your mark? Join us today!
Benefits of working at Cox may include health care insurance (medical, dental, vision), retirement planning (401(k)), and paid days off (sick leave, parental leave, flexible vacation/wellness days, and/or PTO). For more details on what benefits you may be offered, visit our benefits page .
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual's age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.