Robinhood was founded on a simple idea: that our financial markets should be accessible to all. With customers at the heart of our decisions, Robinhood is lowering barriers, removing fees, and providing greater access to financial information. Together, we are building products and services that help create a financial system everyone can participate in.
Just as we focus on our customers, we also strive to create an inclusive environment where our employees can thrive and do impactful work. We are proud of the world class products and company culture we continue to build and have been recognized as:
- A Great Place to Work
- A CNBC Disruptor 50 in 2019 and 2020
- A LinkedIn Top Startup in 2017, 2018, 2019 and 2020
Check out life at Robinhood on The Muse!About the role
We are looking for a Compliance & Ethics Training Program Manager to join our team! In this role, you will be responsibile for owning and building out our Champions program. We are looking for a results-driven and strategic program manager to build, scale and manage an ethics & compliance facilitation program with volunteer employees across the company footprint.Your day-to-day will involve:
- Build and scale and manage an ethics and compliance training facilitation program with volunteer employees by serving as the primary Point of Contact, updating relevant resources, triaging
- Prepare metrics and reporting for senior leaders on the health of the culture of compliance and ethics across the organization
- Socialize ethics and compliance policies, training and resources with champions to gage effectiveness, feedback and improvement areas.
- Periodically travel to Robinhood Office locations to train champions and facilitate a culture of compliance with all employees.
- Lead cross-functional projects by facilitating communication, coordination, planning, and execution across ethics and compliance initiatives and across the organization.
- Partner with Ethics & Compliance Training & all entity Compliance teams to build relevant annual regulatory training curriculum for employees.
- Demonstrated project management skills, effective communication,
- Deep relationship management and or consulting background.
- Minimum of 3 years experience in financial services
- Ability to travel 25 - 40% of the time between office locations working with employees and champions
- Experience building and scaling operations in a high-growth, rapidly adapting environment
- Experience with influencing large groups and getting results without direct management or leadership titles
- Strong public speaking skills, ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, work autonomously, and navigate ambiguity with ease
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Exceptional organizational and time management skills, with strong attention to detail and a proven ability to take ownership of multiple projects
- Excellent problem solving skills, with an ability to recognize opportunities and develop ways of addressing them
We’re looking for more growth-minded and collaborative people to be a part of our journey in democratizing finance for all. If you’re ready to give 100% in helping us achieve our mission—we’d love to have you apply even if you feel unsure about whether you meet every single requirement in this posting. At Robinhood, we're looking for people invigorated by our mission, values, and drive to change the world, not just those who simply check off all the boxes.