Communications Coordinator and Project Management at Jackson Spalding (Atlanta, GA)
COMMUNICATIONS COORDINATOR AND PROJECT MANAGEMENT
Are you looking to join a hungry and humble team of thinkers, creators and achievers? You’ve come to the right place.
Jackson Spalding is an award-winning PR and marketing agency that helps brands stand out to move those who matter most.
Fiercely creative and strategic, we work alongside our clients to help them connect with their audience and reach their goals. Jackson Spalding was built on the principle that there had to be a better way to run an agency. That means that we stay curious, have an open mind and ask questions to make sure we consistently achieve excellence with integrity.
ABOUT JACKSON SPALDING
Jackson Spalding is a public relations and marketing agency that helps brands break through to earn measurable audience attention, affinity and action. Through its integrated PR, digital marketing, advertising, brand strategy and creative services, the agency helps organizations better share their stories. Jackson Spalding was founded in 1995 with a vision to be the most trusted and respected agency in the industry and is proudly independently owned. With offices located in Atlanta, Dallas, Los Angeles and Athens, Ga., Jackson Spalding’s clients include celebrated brands like Chick-fil-A, The Coca-Cola Company, Delta Air Lines, Google, L.L.Bean, Orkin, Primrose Schools, and Toyota, among others. Jackson Spalding was recognized as one of the best PR agencies in America by Forbes in 2020, has been featured on Best Places to Work lists, and has earned awards ranging from the SABREs to ADDYs.
The successful candidate will demonstrate strength in the ability to project manage and work collaboratively across integrated PR, marketing and communications projects. Specifically, this position will be responsible for:
- Team Leadership
- Participate in projects and be responsible of their outcomes.
- Influence and participate in decision-making for client-facing projects.
- Collaborate with and manage project team members on their project deliverables and communicate with the client. Delegates and uses inclusive language and behaviors.
- Project manages independently.
- Oversees PR results and reporting for the projects they are leading.
- May support new business development with this or another client to showcase our work.
- Public Relations Responsibilities
- Develop and execute strategic media relations plans at a national and local level for B2B and B2C clients across multiple industries.
- Manage client interaction and management across accounts, serving as the day-to-day client contact on certain accounts and projects.
- Manage budgets and billing for certain accounts and projects.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
Required experience includes, but is not limited to:
- 3-5 years of Communications or Public Relations experience, preferably with 1-2 years in agency environment
- Strong communication and writing skills and knowledge of AP Style.
- Excellent attention to detail, strong proofreading skills and ability to multitask and execute through to completion.
- Candidate must thrive in a fast-paced environment, demonstrating calm under pressure.
- Demonstrated success in securing media coverage (local, trade and/or national) and passion for media relations.
- Working knowledge of social media.
- Relevant knowledge of local media, national news, and industry trends
- Has experience with effectively managing a minor crisis or navigating one with a team.
- Strong knowledge of target audiences, such as reporters, influencers or internal stakeholders and has begun working relationships with those contacts.
- Understanding of long-term communications strategy and messaging needs as well as the right channels/events to utilize to deploy materials.
- Experience with and understanding of PR and marketing concepts and practices.
- Knowledge of industry trends and current methods.
- Leadership skills with managing teams via influence with experiences in using sound judgement.
- Decision-making skills including ability toapply critical thinking to a simple or complex situation, analyze situations including short- and long-term impact, understand the available options, and recommend the best course of action among the options.
- Project management skills including time management prioritization and tracking, capabilities with creating strategies and tasks, organizing needs and prioritization the needs, comfort level with various PM tools/technologies.
- Communication skills – able to communicate effectively and collaboratively across teams internally and externally using multiple channels.
We believe that great work starts by taking care of our people. Below are just some of the benefits we provide the JS team.
- World class health care
- Profit sharing
- Unlimited sick days
- 401k match + personal financial planning
- Flexible work environment: This means that for roles where it makes sense, you’ll have the option to spend some of your time in our incredible workspaces (when it's safe to do so) and some of your time working remotely – whether from home or elsewhere.
At Jackson Spalding, we embrace and celebrate our differences. They are what inspire, unite, and motivate us to strive for a better way. In alignment with our purpose to cultivate meaningful relationships rooted in mutual respect, we are dedicated to fostering a sense of belonging throughout our agency. Jackson Spalding is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in any aspect of employment against any person on account of race, ethnicity, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.