Communications Compliance Program Manager, RHM at Robinhood
Robinhood was founded on a simple idea: that our financial markets should be accessible to all. With customers at the heart of our decisions, Robinhood is lowering barriers, removing fees, and providing greater access to financial information. Together, we are building products and services that help create a financial system everyone can participate in.
Just as we focus on our customers, we also strive to create an inclusive environment where our employees can thrive and do impactful work. We are proud of the world class products and company culture we continue to build and have been recognized as:
- A Great Place to Work
- A CNBC Disruptor 50 in 2019 and 2020
- A LinkedIn Top Startup in 2017, 2018, 2019 and 2020
Check out life at Robinhood on The Muse!About the role
We are looking for a Communications Compliance Program Manager to join our parent company Communications with the Public compliance team at Robinhood. This role will be responsible for reviewing/approving, advising, and auditing, retail communications content to ensure compliance with regulatory requirements and internal guidelines. The successful candidate will support the team in guiding internal customers (Marketing, Social, Corporate Communications, Public Relations and Public Speaking/Appearances) teams on the compliance for projects and customer facing communications to ensure we meet our requirements under Firm policy, SEC rules, FINRA regulations and other regulatory agencies.
We expect this person to bring his/her personal area of subject matter expertise to provide a bias towards action while driving multiple initiatives.Your day-to-day will involve:
- Review, analyze, and advise internal customers on the adherence of communications with compliance and internal guidelines
- Principal-level review (approve) communications materials to ensure it meets regulatory and internal standards
- Guide internal customers and teammates on compliance for projects and deliverables
- Conduct internal Quality Assurance of the communications compliance review process and final approved marketing pieces
- Draft practical guidelines for internal customers to ensure compliance with regulatory and firm requirements
- Develop and implement process improvements to increase quality and scalability
- Review and improve internal control and governance frameworks across different areas of the business
- Participate in process improvement initiatives as proposed
- Bachelor’s Degree, or equivalent experience, in a related field
- 7-10+ years working in compliance or a relevant function
- Self-starter with ability to work independently
- Flexibility in daily work flow, ability to work cross functionally with partners in multiple departments (legal, compliance and marketing) and a consummate team player
- Ability to effectively manage multiple priorities and adapt to a changing environment
- Strong written and verbal communication, strategic, negotiation skills and strong attention to detail
- FINRA Series 24, 7 or 63
- General financial services industry experience within legal, compliance, audit or risk management OR SEC or FINRA regulatory experience OR specifically broker dealer legal and/or marketing compliance experience.
We’re looking for more growth-minded and collaborative people to be a part of our journey in democratizing finance for all. If you’re ready to give 100% in helping us achieve our mission—we’d love to have you apply even if you feel unsure about whether you meet every single requirement in this posting. At Robinhood, we're looking for people invigorated by our mission, values, and drive to change the world, not just those who simply check off all the boxes.