Join VillageMD as a Coding Educator (Remote with up to 10% Travel / Preferably Northeast or Southeast)
Join the frontlines of today's healthcare transformation
At VillageMD, we're looking for a Coding Educator to help us transform the way primary care is delivered and how patients are served. As a national leader on the forefront of healthcare, we've partnered with many of today's best primary care physicians. We're equipping them with the latest digital tools. Empowering them with proven strategies and support. Inspiring them with better practices and consistent results.
We're creating care that's more accessible. Effective. Efficient. With solutions that are value-based, physician-driven and patient-centered. To accomplish this, we're looking for individuals who share our sense of excellence, are ready to embrace change, and never settle for the status quo. Individuals who have the confidence to lead but the humility to never stop learning.
Could this be you?
Our Revenue Cycle team is central to our model of care and works hand in hand with primary care providers to train and develop programs related to correct coding. As a Coding Educator at our organization, you will be a key partner in providing coding and billing compliance support to Village Family Practice and our independent physician partners.
You will collaborate extensively with our Coding and Revenue Integrity Analyst with a focus on data analysis and statistical reporting. You’ll be visiting clinics and supporting the training of clinical staff on coding, while also analyzing and reviewing trends related to coding to better identify training needs. The role will have exposure to the 120+ providers in our network and will be highly impactful to the success of our organization.
How you can make a difference
- Perform specialized audits of patient medical records to ensure compliance with organization's coding procedures and standards and provide feedback to analyst/educator and management
- Review insurance payments and denials to establish coding trends and provide feedback to coding educator and management
- Compile coding data and analysis and provide comprehensive statistical reports to coding analyst/educator
- Ensure compliance with established coding guidelines, third party reimbursement policies, regulations and accreditation guidelines
- Special review projects as requested by the Finance team
- Research current trends in healthcare coding and compliance and update stakeholders on regulations and events that impact physician coding and billing
- Provide coding and billing assistance that includes reporting and data analysis in support of education initiatives with clinical and administrative staff of physician practices
- Assist with maintenance of CPT and ICD-10 files in practice management system
- Perform specialized audits of patient medical records and provide feedback to physicians and management
- Compile coding data and analysis and provide comprehensive statistical reports to stakeholders
Skills for success
- High School Diploma or an Accredited Equivalency
- Professional Coding Certification such as CCS, CPC or CRC, required
- Minimum 2-3 years of coding experience
- Specific knowledge of family practice coding strongly preferred
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, and extensive experience using Excel for data analysis and reporting.
- Experience working with Athena and broad exposure to multiple EMRs
- Strong attention to detail and analytical skills
- Ability to work independently and as a team member with minimal direct supervision
Experience to drive change
- Maintaining appropriate level of knowledge of revenue cycle process as well as the practice management software by continuous vendor training and third-party education (e.g. payers, seminars, etc.).
- Participating in professional development activities and maintaining professional affiliations within area of expertise
- Knowledge of and compliant with Village Family Practice's values of compassion, dignity, excellence, integrity and teamwork
How you will thrive
In addition to competitive salaries, a 401k program with company match, bonus and a valuable health benefits package, VillageMD offers paid parental leave, pre-tax savings on commuter expenses, and generous paid time off. You work in a highly-collaborative, conscientious, forward-thinking environment that welcomes your experience and enables you to make a significant impact from Day 1.
Most importantly, you make a difference. You see a clear connection between your daily work on VillageMD products and services and the advancement of innovative solutions and improved quality of healthcare for providers and patients.
Our unique VillageMD culture – how inclusion and diversity make the difference
At VillageMD, we see diversity and inclusion as a source of strength in transforming healthcare. We believe building trust and innovation are best achieved through diverse perspectives. To us, acceptance and respect are rooted in an understanding that people do not experience things in the same way, including our healthcare system. Individuals seeking employment at VillageMD are considered without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Those seeking employment at VillageMD are considered without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status.
Explore your future with VillageMD today.