Business Unit Manager - Project Controls at Ball Aerospace
Powered by endlessly curious people with an unwavering mission focus, Ball Aerospace pioneers discoveries that enable our customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what matters most.
We create innovative space solutions, enable more accurate weather forecasts, drive insightful observations of our planet, deliver actionable data and intelligence, and ensure those who defend our freedom go forward bravely and return home safely. For more information, visit Ball Aerospace Career Site or connect with us on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter or Instagram.
The Finance Strategic Support Unit delivers the expertise and business acumen to increase value across the enterprise by providing actionable information with recommendations and opportunities to drive sustainable business growth.
Business Unit Manager – Project Controls
Manage the Project Controls function for the Civil Space SBU, including functional management of personnel assigned to the group.
What You’ll Do:
- Act as the Project Controls Business Unit Manager for the Civil Space SBU.
- Support the Project Controls goals and objectives and ensure they are communicated across the organization.
- Serve as a business advisor for Ball Aerospace or to the SBU/SSU VPs for long-range planning, analysis, operating year planning, performance analysis and financial forecasting.
- Manage the business aspects of a portfolio of proposals, programs, IR&D, or other functions that are worked by Project Controls Analysts who may be dispersed and co-located with their customers.
- Understand business and program requirements and coordinate with the SBU/SSUs to provide consistent processes and procedures across Ball Aerospace for CS Project Controls.
- Support and assist in proposal development in the classified environment.
- Provide guidance to managers, department personnel, and other employees regarding performance measurement and governmental regulations compliance.
- Support analysis of existing tools and development of new tools to improve Project Controls performance.
- Ensure that policies, procedures, and other operations are compliant with regulatory requirements and conducted in accordance with Ball Aerospace best practices.
- Support the implementation of new or existing Ball Aerospace policies and procedures and support SBU/SSU-level requests and special projects.
- Resolve business problems with management or customer representatives.
- Support the SBUs with Project Controls direction and training across the portfolio.
- Provide training and support to Business Analysts in the development and implementation of EVMS requirements, as required. Periodically audit the implementation of EVMS on selected direct programs.
- Supervise direct staff levels.
- Ensure that performance reviews are performed for all assigned personnel.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You’ll Need:
- BS/BA in related field plus 15 years or more related experience.
- Each higher-level degree, i.e. Master’s Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of experience. Two years of related experience may be substituted for each year of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- 5 or more years of aerospace/government experience.
- Program and Proposal experience including cost and schedule planning, budgeting, control, analysis, reporting.
- Earned Value Management experience.
- Proficiency with Microsoft (MS) Excel, Power Point, SharePoint, MS Project, Costpoint, BART, EDW.
- Knowledge of the Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) part 15.4
- Strong verbal, written and presentation skills.
- Previous leadership and supervision of personnel.
- A demonstrated capability to adequately perform the essential functions and responsibilities of the position and exhibit the skills and competencies of the grade level should be considered.
- Work is performed in an office environment, laboratory, cleanroom, or production floor.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
Relocation for this position is not available.
Compensation & Benefits:
- HIRING SALARY RANGE: $132,500 - $183,000 (Salary to be determined by the education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities of the applicant, internal equity, and alignment with market data.)
- Subject to business performance and recommendations of management, this role may be eligible to participate in an incentive compensation plan.
- This position includes a competitive benefits package. For details, copy and paste https://bit.ly/3pNSnxv into your browser or visit our careers site.
US CITIZENSHIP IS REQUIRED
Ball Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.