Business Development Project Manager at Visa (Miami, FL)
Visa is a world leader in digital payments, facilitating more than 215 billion payments transactions between consumers, merchants, financial institutions and government entities across more than 200 countries and territories each year. Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, convenient, reliable and secure payments network, enabling individuals, businesses and economies to thrive.
When you join Visa, you join a culture of purpose and belonging – where your growth is priority, your identity is embraced, and the work you do matters. We believe that economies that include everyone everywhere, uplift everyone everywhere. Your work will have a direct impact on billions of people around the world – helping unlock financial access to enable the future of money movement.
Join Visa: A Network Working for Everyone.Job Description
The Business Development Manager-PMO will be an individual contributor, integral part of the Business Operation Team inside the LAC Sales Organization. In this role, this person will be responsible for managing and supporting strategic projects for the region.
The position requires an experienced project management professional with the right mix of relevant experience and skills, an ability to flex between the strategic and the tactical, outstanding verbal and written communication skills, and a high level of energy and integrity to get things done in a fast-paced, team-oriented development environment. S(he) will be a program project management professional who embodies Visa’s leadership principles of leading by example, communicating openly, enabling and inspiring others, exceling with partners, acting decisively, and collaborating effectively.
The role will foster collaboration across the region and will work closely with internal stakeholders and business partners, on a daily basis to ensure delivery of quality of the projects in alignment with the region initiatives and requirements across the enterprise.
- Sales Project Management Execute client and or market projects and investments with and through the LAC Sales team that require cross-functional coordination
- Drive client centric mentality in all sales initiatives, process and critical projects
- Support LAC sales teams in the execution of opportunities and initiatives that drive Visa and client value
- Sales Initiatives Lead and collaborate in the creation of tools, processes, and platforms that drive excellent and client centric business decisions
- Overall responsibility for planning, executing, tracking, and scope for all projects in the portfolio.
- Work with Business Sponsors to develop project roadmaps that align with business objectives priority and take into account resource availability.
- Ensure Product development and implementation by interacting with Internal and External Stakeholders, including Processing, Merchant, Products, Client Services, Marketing, Strategy or Visa Partners,
- Ensure all activities from all stakeholders happen accord to the proposed plan,
- Report periodically status of the projects
- Responsible for coaching and mentoring of local leaders on Agile Scrum Lean principles and practices
- Monitor KPIs.
Basic Qualifications, 5 or more years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or at least 2 years of work experience with an Advanced degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 0 years of work experience with a PhD degree
•6 or more years of work experience and a Bachelors Degree or 4 or more years of work experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or up to 3 years of relevant experience with a PhD
•Experience on startups, Payment Technologies Companies, Acquiring business, Payment Facilitators, banks or merchants
•Ability to manage several work streams from a project with different responsible, setting milestones and tracking results
•Broad and in depth knowledge and experience in project management. Strong process orientation, solid understanding of project management techniques, methodologies and best practices.
•Product Management skills
•Ability to work independently and engage multiple levels of management
•Results oriented Self-motivated
•Experience working on new and disruptive projects
•Excellent in execution
•Willingness to travel internationally and domestically
•Strong knowledge of planning tools (Trello, Rally, Jira).
•Project Management Professional (PMP) certification is strongly preferred. PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP), Certified ScrumMaster (CSM) certifications also preferred.
This position will be performed in an office setting. This position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephone and computers, reach with hands and arms, and bend or lift up to 25 pounds.