Wing is reshaping the future of delivery. We are an on-demand drone delivery service that can deliver food, medicine or other items within minutes. We’ve also developed an unmanned traffic management platform to safely route drones through the sky. Our service is faster, safer and produces far less pollution than traditional delivery. Originally created in 2012 within X, the Moonshot Factory, Wing is now an Alphabet company.
About the Role:
Wing is looking for an Aviation Compliance Analyst to join our Policy Team team. The ideal candidate has a passion for all things aviation, a demonstrated knowledge of government and industry best practices to ensure compliance of uncrewed aircraft and their associated systems, and the ability to deliver results as part of a dynamic, cross-functional team.
What You’ll Do:
- Define requirements for automating & integrate routine reporting tasks such as data logging, formatting & summary statistics
- Collaborate with Wing teams (such as Engineering) to improve Wing's internal regulatory conformance methods and develop sustainable and scalable practices
- Define and shape Wing's best practices and develop tools to align regulatory reporting methods & reporting across countries/continents
- Perform and report on internal compliance audits for requirements, exemptions & regulations;
- Develop metrics and guide development of analysis tools to assess Wing's performance, identify problem/focus areas, address & improve.
- Support Wing's efforts in building and reviewing applications for approvals, certifications, waivers and exemptions that Wing submits to regulatory agencies
- Collaborate with Wing’s Engineering and Certification teams to help build compliance test plans and support compliance ground and flight testing events.
Compliance Assurance and Automation:
- Maintain and ensure compliance (US and international regulations and authorizations)
- Improve and automate compliance methods (e.g. logging) to create efficiency across our certification programs
- Improve and automate reporting against external requirements
- Consolidate and standardize reporting tools and metric knobs (resulting in creation of standard automated reports for each external party)
- Audit compliance to requirements, exemptions, regulations, for commercial and R&D operations
- Collaborate with cross functional teams to improve their internal compliance methods and sustainable and scalable practices
What You’ll Need:
- BS degree in Engineering, Aviation or other related technical or regulatory facing fields (or equivalent practical experience)
- 4+ years experience in leading or executing regulatory approvals for an aircraft, aircraft component system or air carrier
- Passion or interest in aviation
- Ability to travel to support Wing test/certification and validation events