Chewy is searching for an Associate Director, Loyalty and Retention Programs to be responsible for supporting the ideation, strategic road mapping, project management and ongoing evolution of Chewy’s surprise and delight programs. The leader in this space should take a holistic approach to customer journey mapping, and partner cross-functionally with Customer Care, Integrated Marketing, Public Relations and other key verticals, to drive maximum, measurable impact to customer behavior and engagement with the Chewy brand. The leader in this role should be able to think critically, be comfortable with data in understanding the impact of the programs we manage, and have a relentless curiosity and drive to iterate, test, tweak, scrap or scale new programs.
What You’ll Do
- Think into the future and closely follow the customer life-cycle to ensure surprise and delight programs align with critical milestones as part of a comprehensive engagement strategy (i.e. Sympathy arrangements for pet passing) #CustomersFirst
- Stay ahead of process and growth challenges to ensure scalability of programs, which includes considerations of cost, headcount, facilities, vendors, technology, etc. Chewy’s growth is just getting started, and you’ll have to ensure nothing ‘breaks’ or ‘runs out’ – you know the growth is coming, it’s your responsibly to keep up, #AccelerateTime and #ThinkBig
- Maintain overall service delivery to internal and external customers, inclusive of SLA management, product quality, vendor-side support, and all other controllable inputs. While some elements of this process will be managed by our WOW Operations team, it’s your responsibility to inspect, ask questions, support, and ensure we are controlling for the cost of these programs as part of the ROI #ActAsAnOwner
- Develop and maintain measurement framework to understand the effectiveness of current and new programs to ensure the desired impact is being delivered. If the results are not meeting expectations, have a process in place to fail fast, learn from what didn’t work, and re-test. We are not married to specific product or programs…we are married to the idea of engaging with our customers. At Chewy, curiosity won’t kill the cat. #OperateAtDepth
- Build a world-class Program Management team with a clear ownership structure for WOW programs. Each part of the WOW Journey/Experience should have a single-threaded owner who lives in the details, evolves the program, and pushes the boundaries of the status quo. What got us here will not necessarily get us there – we need a strong team of thinkers who are empowered to make high-quality decisions that will transform the customer experience. #BuildHighPerformingTeams
What You’ll Need
- Strong communication skills, especially written communications, as you’ll be responsible for writing documents with clear program strategies that tell compelling stories with clear value propositions
- Proficiency in defining program requirements that drive intended results, and using data and metrics to determine their effectiveness (in the case of this team, inventing metrics might also come with the territory)
- Strong ability to manage numerous programs and projects simultaneously, managing timelines and resources effectively to hit deadlines and protect customer experience in a cross-functional setting
- To be extremely comfortable ‘living in the grey.’ This is a unique role and a unique department to Chewy – it’s part science, part art. As the leader responsible for evolving the WOW road map, you must be able to build programs in ambiguity without always having black and white direction.
- Some travel may be required
If you have a disability under the Americans with Disabilities Act or similar law, or you require a religious accommodation, and you wish to discuss potential accommodations related to applying for employment at Chewy, please contact HR at chewy dot com