Architect (Mighty House Project) at Mighty Buildings (Remote)
Mighty Buildings is a venture-backed construction technology company based in Oakland, CA and Monterrey (Mexico)
We are disrupting the construction industry by creating beautiful, sustainable, and high-quality homes using 3D printing, advanced materials, and robotics automation.
We’ve raised Series B funding and are backed by top investors like Khosla Ventures, Zeno Ventures, and Y-Combinator. See more about our latest round here: https://techcrunch.com/2021/07/13/mighty-buildings-lands-22m-to-create-sustainable-and-affordable-3d-printed-homes/
We are looking for an Architect to join Mighty Buildings’ Product Team. The person who fills this role will have the opportunity to shape the future of housing by leading the design and development of Mighty Buildings’ newest home products.Location
San Francisco, USA or Monterrey, Mexico preferred
- New product development, including in-house design of Mighty Buildings’ newest residential products. Assistance preparing product requirements documents and roadmaps for future product lines.
- Design oversight, including review and coordination with external designers to apply Mighty Buildings design and sustainability guidelines to new residential products.
- New product discovery, including searching for new product opportunities and developing feedback loops to improve existing product lines.
- Establishing and maintaining strategic partnerships with external design contractors, including architecture firms.
- Maintenance of Business projects, such as implementing new workflows to streamline the product design process, quality/cost optimization improvements, etc.
- Contributing to our culture of creativity and excellence - striving to solve problems in new ways while maintaining an agile and adaptive working style that promotes initiative, accountability, and quick iteration, learning, and revision.
- A startup mindset: A proven ability to be resourceful, self-sufficient, and passionate about innovation in the prefabricated construction space. A self-starter who takes initiative and responsibility for their work and actions. Comfort working in a flat organizational environment.
- A Master’s degree in Architecture or a similar field.
- Strong working knowledge of United States building codes and local zoning regulations.
- A minimum of 5-8 years of architectural experience, particularly, work with prefabricated construction. A demonstrated experience coordinating with governmental agencies.
- Proficiency in Revit, Bim360, and Rhino, specifically in developing designs, construction documentation, and technical drawing management.
- Strong working knowledge of sustainable design principles.
- Expert verbal and written communication skills, both internally with team members and externally with clients and consultants.
- Fluency in English.
- Limited project-based travel in the United States or abroad.
- Registered Architect (R.A.) in the United States.
- Experience with the California Department of Housing and Community Development, or similar agencies that oversee prefabricated construction, is a plus.
- Experience with 3D printed construction or innovative materials and assemblies.
- Familiarity with Enscape, BlueBeam, and Autocad Build or Procore.
- LEED and similar sustainability certifications.
- Fluency in Spanish or Russian.
*Note: All candidates must submit a design portfolio or website demonstrating technical capabilities and work experience.