Agile Project Manager (Remote) at Bixal
Sorry, this job was removed at 8:25 a.m. (CST) on Friday, April 15, 2022
Who we are:
Bixal is a mission-driven, woman-owned small business determined to improve people's lives through human-centered strategies and transformative technologies, with a firm belief that everyone has the right to an effective government.
We deliver on this belief by partnering with leading Federal agencies to design, develop, and deliver powerful customer experiences through holistic digital product solutions and strategic communications initiatives––bringing a high standard and unique creative energy to our clients––and our wonderfully diverse culture is what makes it all possible.
Bixal unites different people with different perspectives from all over the world! We provide our team with an open and empowered environment where collaboration thrives and solutions flourish.
What will you do?
Bixal has an exciting opportunity to help accelerate IT modernization across the federal government and improve the public's experience with a range of digital government services. Working closely with our federal client, Bixal's cross-functional team will leverage private sector best practices, innovative thinking, and centralized resources to deliver enterprise transformation at scale. This role is uniquely positioned to make a positive impact in the Civic Tech space.
In this role, you are an advocate for Agile, committed to open communications and transparency to nurture high-performing teams under the Scrum or Kanban framework. You believe in the power of using communication and technology to improve lives and are comfortable leading digital transformation efforts for a large Federal agency. This may include strategic communications, content strategy and messaging, software development, cloud computing, human-centered design, measurement, analytics, or modernized learning.
The Agile Project Manager will build a trusting and safe work environment to manage the work of a digital product team with a people-first approach and positive attitude. You will gain a clear understanding of the Product Owner(s) vision and will oversee the Bixal team’s efforts to bring this vision to fruition while acting as a Scrum Master to facilitate Agile ceremonies.
- Employ a servant leadership approach to managing Agile ceremonies and ensuring all members are on board with their workload and have clear direction on tasks.
- Practice effective task management to prioritize work and meet short-turnaround deadlines while ensuring processes are followed and Bixal quality standards are met.
- Define and implement process improvements to optimize efficiency and ensure deliverables achieve the highest quality.
- Document and prioritize product user stories as needed.
- Anticipate problems and identify solutions with an enthusiastic and positive attitude.
- Coach and mentor, a team—identify strengths and work to improve weaknesses to help each member grow; guide team on how to effectively self-organize; lead the team through example.
- Prioritize and maintain the product backlog to ensure Product Owner goals and objectives are achieved.
- Feel confident presenting and articulating information to clients as needed.
- Participate in regular Program Management Team meetings.
- Prepare monthly project reports for Bixal and/or clients, which may include task status, risks, and issues, and budget spend.
- Perform other duties or special projects as assigned.
- Play an active role in new client acquisition and new business presentations.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or a related discipline.
- Ability and willingness to undergo a background investigation and obtain a Public Trust security clearance.
- Bixal does not offer visa sponsorship at this time.
- Certified Scrum Master (CSM) or Certified Scrum Product Owner (CSPO) certification is required.
- 10+ years of experience managing high-performing, cross-functional digital product teams in positions of increasing complexity and responsibility.
- 3+ years of proven experience implementing Agile methodologies in the Scrum Master role.
- Demonstrated history of interfacing with cross-functional teams and senior management, as well as external clients and other stakeholders.
- Excellent soft skills: good communicator, emotionally intelligent, empathetic, good follow-up, polite, positive attitude.
- Proven track record of managing issues and risk through mitigation strategies.
- Experience in human-centered design principles, software design life cycle, and adoption of Agile mindset.
- Strong experience and comfortability with Microsoft Office suite, Google Workspace, JIRA or other project management tools, virtual collaboration tools such as Miro or Mural.
Nice to have:
- Project Management Professional (PMP) or Project Management Institute Agile Certified Practioner (PMI-ACP).
- 3+ years working with the federal government.
- Experience implementing the USDS Playbook.
- Experience with GitHub.
Perks & Benefits:
Competitive base salary
Work from home flexibility
401K with matching incentive
Flex Spending Account
Company provided short-term disability
Company provided life insurance
11 Paid holidays
Professional development opportunities
New business referral bonus
No recruiters or agencies please. Bixal is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to building a safe, inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds.
More Information on Bixal
Bixal operates in the Analytics industry. The company is located in Fairfax, VA and Washington, DC. Bixal was founded in 2001. It has 162 total employees. To see all 31 open jobs at Bixal, click here.
Read Full Job Description