Advanced Systems Manager III - C3I Phased Arrays at Ball Aerospace (Greater Denver Area)
At Ball Aerospace, we care about the health and safety of our team members, their families and our communities. Ball Aerospace will comply with Executive Order 14042 and all team members will be required to provide proof of completed vaccination status as a condition of employment as stated within the Order, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations.
Powered by endlessly curious people with an unwavering mission focus, Ball Aerospace pioneers discoveries that enable our customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what matters most.
We create innovative space solutions, enable more accurate weather forecasts, drive insightful observations of our planet, deliver actionable data and intelligence, and ensure those who defend our freedom go forward bravely and return home safely. For more information, visit Ball Aerospace Career Site or connect with us on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter or Instagram.
The Tactical Solutions Strategic Business Unit delivers mission system solutions, from specialized antennas to electro-optical technologies, to the warfighter. Our systems enhance the performance of various military platforms, from aircraft and land vehicles to ships and satellites, and give warfighters the advantage they need to take action, identify targets and defend against evolving threats.
Advanced Systems Manager III – C3I Phased Arrays
What You'll Do:
- Lead a team of engineers and related staff to capture Active Electronically Scanned Array (AESA), Phased Array programs, within the Tactical Systems (TS) business unit.
- Identify, research, monitor and qualify EW opportunities within target markets.
- Work with our prime and government customers to translate technical antenna and electronics performance into recommended Concepts of Employment to provide the maximum tactical advantage to our customers.
- Collaborate with other technologists, researchers, and engineers to understand existing or near-term capabilities for formulating pursuits.
- Collaborate across business areas and the business unit for joint pursuits.
- Prepare and lead the development of proposals, ROMS, RFI/RFQ responses and strategy, including technical presentations, win themes, key points, and pricing. Coordinate all proposal activities, prepare various inputs, and oversee final proposal preparation and delivery. Ensure proposed solutions will close on mission requirements or stated objectives.
- Direct innovative research and establish industrial partnerships necessary to effectively compete in EW markets.
- Provide leadership, knowledge, business opportunities, strategies, competitive intelligence, market and legislative forecasts to inform sector and business unit financial and strategic plans.
- Aid in development, resourcing, and implementation of five- and ten-year strategic plans for C3I phased array systems.
- Transition successful captures to program management. Maintain a limited relationship with the customer throughout program execution.
- Coach and support program management and the execution team to ensure program and customer success.
- Attend Government sponsored industry days, trade shows, and other business-related information gathering events.
- Establish strong working relationships with key government, commercial and industry customers.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You'll Need:
- BS/BA in related field plus 12 years or more related experience.
- Each higher-level degree, i.e., Master’s Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of experience. Related technical experience may be considered in lieu of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Advanced Degree preferred.
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to lead proposals including strong technical writing skills.
- Demonstrated experience in leading design teams and new business capture activities.
- Demonstrated experience with business development in commercial and military markets.
- Experience in EW and/or AESA applications is a strong plus.
- Demonstrated experience in program/project leadership.
- Demonstrated experience working in an engineering or research environment.
- Collaborative and inclusive style and ability to work with diverse colleagues and customers. Influencing, communication and team skills will be critical to successful execution of the duties of the position.
- Excellent communication skills with presentation experience to senior decision-makers and/or technical audiences.
- Experience within classified program environments for government or industry is a strong plus.
- Ball Aerospace is a drug-free workplace, which is imperative to the health and safety of all employees and is required as a condition of receiving contracts from federal agencies. Please remember that regardless of the legalization of marijuana in Colorado and other states, possession and use continues to be illegal under the federal Controlled Substances Act. This includes the use of some CBD products. A post-offer, pre-employment drug test is a condition of employment.
- Work is performed in an office environment.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
A current DoD clearance and/or SCI access with Polygraph is not required to be eligible for this position, however applicant must be willing and eligible for submission within 60-90 days after an offer is accepted and must be able to maintain the applicable clearance/access. By applying to this position, you are agreeing to complete a National Security Clearance Pre-Screen Questionnaire to evaluate your general ability to obtain the required security clearance or government customer access associated with this position.
Relocation for this position is available.
Compensation & Benefits:
- HIRING SALARY RANGE: $152,500 - $210,500 (Salary to be determined by the education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities of the applicant, internal equity, and alignment with market data.)
- This position includes a competitive benefits package. For details, copy and paste https://bit.ly/3pNSnxv into your browser or visit our careers site.
US CITIZENSHIP IS REQUIRED
Ball Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.