Next Insurance is a fast-growing startup based in Silicon Valley that is led by a team of experienced entrepreneurs with a history of successful outcomes. Our mission is to transform insurance for small businesses by combining world-class technology and phenomenal customer service to offer better insurance at a lower price. As the leading digital insurtech company transforming small business insurance, we just announced a $250 million new funding round, bringing the company’s valuation to $4 billion and total funding raised to more than $880 million!
Next Insurance is looking for explorers who are filled with curiosity, have the desire to travel the unbeaten path, and realize new heights in providing small business owners with the peace of mind to run their businesses. If you move fast, and are customer-focused and willing to challenge the status quo, Next Insurance might just be your next journey.
We are looking for our first VP of Product to develop and empower a world-class product team that will ensure Next’s end-to-end product experience is an industry example of customer-centric innovation and experience. This is a highly visible leadership position that will interact at all levels in order to deliver products that solve real problems for small businesses. If you're obsessed with the customer experience and want to work on products that can impact millions of small businesses, we'd love to talk with you.
What You’ll Do:
- Set and execute strategic product direction that delivers significant business impact
- Lead, coach, and develop the product team, and dotted line relationships through the project lifecycle for excellence (20+ team members, including directors and managers)
- Cultivate an innovative, inclusive culture that fosters growth and collaboration
- Build strong partnerships with leadership to solve our toughest challenges and create seamless, cohesive experiences
- Collaborate with the product organization to create and unite around a product vision, strategy, and roadmap
What We Need:
- 10+ years product management experience managing multi-team product strategy and creating roadmap
- Demonstrated experience with attracting talent and building/managing a large product team (including managers)
- Ownership of product revenue goals with proven track record of successful growth
- Passion about the customer experience with proven experience in affecting customer acquisitions through core product and cross-functional team collaboration
- Agility to operate in a startup environment and foster quality, maximum impact results
- BA degree
One of our core values is 'Play as a Team'; this means making sure everyone has an equal chance to participate and make a difference. We win by playing together. Next Insurance is an equal opportunity employer and prioritizes building a diverse and inclusive workplace. We provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants of any type and do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state, and local laws. Next's policy is to comply with all applicable laws related to nondiscrimination and equal opportunity and will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.