VP of Product
AppSumo is the digital marketplace trusted by 1M+ entrepreneurs. We've helped launch top B2B tools like Mailchimp, Evernote, Intercom, and Dropbox, just to name a few.
Our slogan? Work doesn't have to suck.
What does that mean? We don't want to work soul-crushing 9-to-5s. We love it here because what we do actually matters: supporting digital creators and entrepreneurs who want to build lifestyles they're passionate about. With thousands of successful product launches and over a million entrepreneurs served, we're on a mission to open the doors of entrepreneurship to everyone.
About This Role
The VP of Product will be responsible for developing and scaling a strong team of Product Managers and Designers. In addition, this individual will sit on the leadership team and provide strategy, insight, and cross-functional collaboration.
On the day-to-day, you'll be:
- Growing, training, and developing the current product team as well as providing mentorship and guidance
- Setting the product vision and strategy throughout the organization
- Collaborating with Marketing, Partner Experience, Customer Experience, and Business Development Leads, generating insights, and developing new ideas
- Using qualitative consumer data to make strategic decisions
- Regularly reviewing the work of the Project Managers and Designers, identifying and resolving issues to help to improve output.
- 10+ years of Product Management or Consulting experience with a background of successfully delivering top-tier solutions
- A history of scaling a Product team whilst maintaining excellent standards
- Demonstrated success working within an eCommerce or SaaS organization
- A deep understanding and familiarity with 2-Sided marketplaces
- Prioritization skills and the ability to articulate your findings across business functions and geographies
- Outstanding communication skills, both written and verbal whether in small group discussions, large-scale presentations, or with executives
- Outstanding analytical abilities
- Demonstrated understanding of good UX
- A proven track record of technical product innovation, identifying new opportunities, and building them to scale
- A strategic problem solver comfortable with making data influenced decisions
- The ability to balance consumer, partner, and business interests while considering technical integration tradeoffs
- Figma or similar product design and white-boarding tool experience or exposure
- Technical knowledge would be a huge plus; we are a Python and Node/Vue environment
At AppSumo, we're committed to building a diverse, encouraging, and collaborative working environment-the kind of company where work doesn't suck.
Our culture starts with treating teammates like adults. We hire kickass people. We trust you to get your work done when you have something to do. If you need to run an errand, hit the gym, or meet a friend for lunch, you're encouraged to do so. We know your work will speak for itself.
At AppSumo, you get:
- Competitive pay, benefits package, and 401(k) matching
- 100% hybrid work model-work from home or the office
- Freedom to have a side hustle (We'll cheer you on.)
- Open vacation (PTO) policy
- Invites to two all-expenses-paid company trips per year (We're talking destinations like Costa Rica.)
- $250 per month to treat yourself (Therapy, Yoga, Massages, Tacos, whatever helps you be you.)
- Late start/flexible hours
- Access to our dog-friendly, snack-packed office (Austin)
- Free lunch once a week, a computer, and work that actually makes an impact
Individuals seeking employment at AppSumo are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation. You are being given the opportunity to provide the following information in order to help us comply with federal and state Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action record keeping, reporting, and other legal requirements.