GitLab's DevOps platform empowers 100,000+ organizations to deliver software faster and more efficiently. We are one of the world’s largest all-remote companies with 1,400+ team members and values that guide a culture where people embrace the belief that everyone can contribute.
The VP of Product Monetization reports to the Chief Product Officer.Responsibilities
- Define and execute product led growth strategies and tactics to maximize monetization of the GitLab product. Work cross-functionally across GitLab to ensure shared and clear priorities, and excellent execution against priorities. Specific areas of ownership include:
- Growth Product Management. Leverage experimentation tactics to improve free-to-paid conversion rates and net retention rates.
- Fulfillment Product Management. Ensure a world class purchasing experience for GitLab customers, and drive towards 100% of sales transactions flowing through automated fulfillment systems.
- Pricing. Drive pricing and packaging improvements to increase Average Selling Price and Average Revenue Per User.
- Align with Sales & Marketing leadership on the ideal customer acquisition paths for our various sales segments, and then build out a world class user experience to support those acquisition paths
- Ensure unified priorities across Growth, Pricing, and Fulfillment
- Leverage data analytics and generate insights to uncover the highest monetization priorities
- Partner with the Product Intelligence and Data teams to ensure the product usage data set is sufficient to drive high priority monetization projects
- Partner with Growth engineering to increase our ability to run experiments to one experiment per week per engineer
- 18 years+ of relevant experience, with 10+ years of people management experience, including management of Directors+
- Track record of leading products to successful commercial outcomes
- Demonstrated proficiency in product led growth, pricing, and self-service purchasing experience best practices
- Excellent at boardroom and big stage presentations, and able to inspire and motivate customers and employees through written and verbal communications
- Demonstrated ability to teach and coach the product management skills as outlined here
Candidates for this position can expect the hiring process to follow the order below. Please keep in mind that candidates can be declined from the position at any stage of the process. To learn more about someone who may be conducting the interview, find their job title on our team page.
- Apply on the GitLab Jobs page
- 30 minute screening call with Recruiter
- 50 minute interview with Chief Product Officer
- 50 minute panel interview with the Director of Growth, Sr. Director of Pricing, Group Manager of Fulfillment, and Engineering Director of fulfillment and growth.
- 50 minute interview with CMO
- 50 minute interview with CRO
- 50 minute interview with CEO
Additional details about our process can be found on our hiring page.Compensation
To view the full job description and its compensation calculator, view our handbook. The compensation calculator can be found towards the bottom of the page.
Additional details about our process can be found on our hiring page.
Country Hiring Guidelines
GitLab hires new team members in countries around the world. All of our roles are remote, however some roles may carry specific location-based eligibility requirements. Our Talent Acquisition team can help answer any questions about location after starting the recruiting process.