Technical Product Owner (Remote) at XSELL Technologies
Overview of the Role
We are currently seeking a Technical Product Owner to support our most challenging and important initiatives. You’ll join a team of other awesome product people and work closely with engineering, design, and customers, while leveraging your technical, analytical, and strategic skills towards executing high impact value added opportunities. You’ll be working hand-in-hand with the scrum masters and development teams to build out user stories and ensure acceptance criteria are well documented, answer questions from the developers, and work to unblock tasks or escalate as needed.
You will be guiding the team working on our Enterprise capabilities, such as new data APIs and integrating with new CRM, telephony, and other systems. This role will be working on technical system capabilities and has ideally been a developer, or worked closely with developers to be able to “speak the language.” You won’t need to have all the answers, but you need to be able to ask the right questions and push back when there might be other alternatives.
Ways You’ll Contribute
- Bring your technical expertise to translate functional requirements into technical requirements
- Work with your scrum master and engineering team to groom user stories
- Manage the product development process from inception to product delivery
- Develop and organize product backlogs, breaking down high-level initiatives into features that can be delivered in incremental fashion
- Execute research initiatives to understand technical requirements and alternative solutions
- Work with customers, users, and stakeholders to understand their business requirements and translate that to product functionality using user stories and acceptance criteria.
- Ensure clear documentation and communication of product capabilities, updates, and milestone achievements.
- Analyze and evaluate complementary and competitive products, technologies, and solutions.
- Assess risks and determine ways to avoid impediments to feature delivery
What You’ll Bring
- BS/BA in Computer Science or a related degree
- 2 to 5 years’ experience in product management working on a SaaS product
- Knowledge of and experience with managing roadmaps
- Ability to turn user/strategic needs into requirements with a focus on shipping products
- While not required, experience building interoperability capabilities (APIs, etc.) is a definite plus
XSELL Technologies is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and all employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
We are committed to the full inclusion of all qualified individuals. As part of this commitment, we will ensure that persons with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, perform essential job functions, and/or receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact us.