Technical Product Manager - Splunk/DevOps at BlueVoyant (Baltimore, MD)
Technical Product Manager - Splunk/DevOps
This is a US based remote role.
BlueVoyant is seeking a highly experienced technical product manager with Splunk’s suite of tools, including Security Information and Event Management (SIEM), IT Ops, and Security Orchestration, Automation, and Response (SOAR) platforms to join a rapidly expanding managed security service product management team and global sales team dedicated to delivering world-class SOC services. This role is responsible for leading technical product management efforts for BlueVoyant’s Splunk adjacent business which includes turnkey support for day one implementation and day two monitoring and incident triage for Splunk offerings.
This is a high-visibility, high-impact individual contributor position on the BlueVoyant Product Management team. In this position, you’ll be expected to lead the effort defining functional and technical requirements aligned with our vision and also helping build our solutions that build MDR capabilities into SOC operations, including content management, delivery automation, and investigation automation. This role requires experience in technical product management and information security within the managed security services industry. You will use client and prospect input, market research, product management discipline, and experience to define plans and requirements in an agile and fast-paced environment to enable highly competitive offerings in the market and delivered efficiently through our global Security Operations Centers. You will also work closely with the security operations team to leverage their requirements to scale.
- Develop a deep understanding of our users, buyers, and their needs
- Work with acquisitions to streamline MSS services from implementation to SOC operations
- Assess technical strengths/weaknesses of Splunk Modern SOC offerings and create a unified automation and content delivery roadmap
- Incubate Splunk Preview features & participate in Splunk design sessions
- Engage with Splunk sellers, clients, and prospects to determine common problems our solutions can solve, including additional services not offered today
- Develop product requirements and evolve service descriptions
- Create and communicate product direction and roadmap
- Collaborate with engineering and security operations teams to prioritize features on related development activities
- Document and train internal staff on net new Splunk features, initiatives, and programs
- Conduct competitive analysis and use this information to establish meaningful market differentiators
- Specify User Acceptance requirements to confirm that the product meets the defined requirements.
- Two or more years as a Product Manager, or equivalent experience, specifically working with agile development OR
- 5 or more years of hands-on experience with Splunk SIEM or DevOps
- Experience leading cross-functional and cross-company teams to deliver products and projects on tight timelines
- Exceptional communication skills, able to articulate complex problems reaching a wide variety of perspectives represented by different internal groups, including cross-functional leadership
- Exceptional analytical skills, fact-based, transparent and experience building business cases and cost/benefit scenarios
- Deep-level technical understanding of security services and how they may be delivered
- Strong strategic thinking capabilities and the proven ability to translate quantitative analysis into actionable items and/or recommendations
At BlueVoyant, we recognize that effective cyber security requires active prevention and defense across both your organization and supply chain. Our proprietary data, analytics and technology, coupled with deep expertise, works as a force multiplier to secure your full ecosystem. Accuracy! Actionability! Timeliness! Scalability!
Led by CEO, Jim Rosenthal, BlueVoyant’s highly skilled team includes former government cyber officials with extensive frontline experience in responding to advanced cyber threats on behalf of the National Security Agency, Federal Bureau of Investigation, Unit 8200 and GCHQ, together with private sector experts. BlueVoyant services utilize large real-time datasets with industry leading analytics and technologies.
Founded in 2017 by Fortune 500 executives, including Executive Chairman, Tom Glocer, and former Government cyber officials, BlueVoyant is headquartered in New York City and has offices in Maryland, Tel Aviv, San Francisco, London, Budapest and Latin America.
All employees must be authorized to work in the United States. BlueVoyant provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, BlueVoyant complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.