Technical Product Manager, Marketing at Curriculum Associates
Technical Product Manager - Marketing
At Curriculum Associates, we believe a diverse team leads to diversity in thinking, making our products better for teachers and students. If you read this job description, feel energized by what you see here, and believe you could bring passion and commitment to the role, but you aren’t sure you meet every qualification, please apply! Above all, we are looking for the right person!
We are looking to hire a Technical Product Manager to join our expanding Digital Marketing team. If you like working on scrum teams to enhance websites built on a sophisticated CMS, advocate for engaging website design by applying UX best practices, like to learn new technical skills, geek out at using data to inform decisions, have a fondness for CSS / bootstrap, and are self-proclaimed “jack-of-all-trades”, then this role may be just for you.
The impact you'll have:
- Uncover and understand stakeholder needs, provide recommendations, and translate them into requirements and user stories related to the use of the various tools within the marketing technology stack.
- Work closely with the Web Development team during sprints to ensure requirements are fully understood, acceptance criteria are met, and go-live preparations are in place.
- Define success criteria for testing and product acceptance and support pre- & post-release testing efforts.
- Gain a deep understanding of our CMS, Marketing, and infrastructure technologies in order to advise cross-functional stakeholders and answer questions regarding “what’s possible.”
- Identify technical gaps that are limiting our abilities to deliver an optimal user experience and assess and address technical risks in content delivery solutions.
- Stay on top of UX best practices to help spot opportunities to increase and improve website engagement
- Provide new user training and pre-release training to existing users on new features and functionalities.
- Facilitate the creation and maintenance of proper product documentation.
- Provide support and troubleshoot issues related to the web and other marketing technologies.
- Assist with A/B testing and usability research.
- Analyze performance indicators, evaluate experiments, etc., as needed.
Who we're looking for:
- Mid-level experience as a Product Manager or Technical Product Manager in website development, with a focus on or marketing technologies.
- Experience as a product owner on an agile scrum team
- Deep understanding of web development, UX, and the creation of prototypes and/or wireframes
- Experience across a range of marketing technologies, including content management systems (CMS), learning management systems (LMS), digital asset management (DAM), CRM, marketing automation, and account-based marketing (ABM) platforms, such as Sitecore, WordPress, Totora, Woodwing, Brandfolder, Salesforce, Pardot, Drift, RollWorks, etc.
- Familiar with web analytics and/or tagging, using platforms such as Google Analytics and Google Tag Manager
- Intermediate Excel skills and experience analyzing data using formulas, pivot tables, etc.
- Excellent presentation, verbal and written communication skills
We’d be thrilled if you also had these skills / certifications (although not required):
- Agile certifications such as Scrum Product Owner and Scrum Master
- Familiarity with video platforms such as Vidyard and their best practice usage
Compensation & Benefits: Competitive salary with great benefits including health, dental, and vision insurance, employer contributed 401K.