Technical Product Manager, iOS at NBCUniversal (New York City, NY)
NBCUniversal owns and operates over 20 different businesses across 30 countries including a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, world-renowned theme parks and a premium ad-supported streaming service.
Here you can be your authentic self. As a company uniquely positioned to educate, entertain and empower through our platforms, Comcast NBCUniversal stands for including everyone. We strive to foster a diverse and inclusive culture where our employees feel supported, embraced and heard. We believe that our workforce should represent the communities we live in, so that together, we can continue to create and deliver content that reflects the current and ever-changing face of the world. Click here to learn more about Comcast NBCUniversal's commitment and how we are making an impact.
Our Direct-to-Consumer (DTC) portfolio is a powerhouse collection of consumer-first brands, supported by media industry leaders, Comcast, NBCUniversal and Sky. When you join our team, you'll work across our dynamic portfolio including Peacock, NOW, Fandango, SkyShowtime, Showmax, and TV Everywhere, powering streaming across more than 70 countries globally. And the evolution doesn't stop there. With unequalled scale, our teams make the most out of every opportunity to collaborate and learn from one another. We're always looking for ways to innovate faster, accelerate our growth and consistently offer the very best in consumer experience. But most of all, we're backed by a culture of respect. We embrace authenticity and inspire people to thrive.
As a company, we embrace the power of difference. Our team is committed to creating an organization that champions diversity and inclusivity for all by curating content and a workforce that represents the world around us. We continue to challenge ourselves and the industry by being customer-centric, data-driven creatures of innovation. At Peacock, we are determined to forge the next frontier of streaming through creativity, teamwork, and talent.
The iOS Video Software Engineering team is looking for an iOS Technical Product Manager to take ownership of the requirements analysis process and contribute to the success of Server-Side Ad Insertions platform. You will work closely and collaboratively with engineers and stakeholders across Peacock technology, and be part of an inclusive, high-performing team.
What the team does
- Collaborates with video streaming and encoding teams to drive innovation and improvements in video delivery and playback user experience
- Collaborates with teams building Peacock applications, ensuring optimal integration of the video players libraries on all types of devices
- Work closely and collaboratively with stakeholders to understand new features and initiatives
- Break down functional and non-functional requirements into user stories, and present them to the team in planning sessions
- Predict potential problems, identify edge cases and outline key risks or issues together with the team and ensure they are communicated to the Engineering Managers
- Documenting features or initiatives through API documentation, sequence diagrams or feature documentation
- Prepare and facilitate pre-planning/planning sessions with the team for weekly iterations, based on the priorities on our product roadmap
- Understand how the video player interacts with other Peacock components and contribute to ensuring these integrations are both resilient and reliable
- Facilitate estimation sessions with the team to obtain high level roadmap estimates and RAID logs
- Be a constant source of product information and direction for the team
- Support the team in delivering high impact, high quality work that is built with focus on optimal user experience
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills, and demonstrable experience working with highly collaborative software engineering teams
- Experience working with BDD, writing detailed user stories and supporting acceptance criteria
- Hands on experience defining and documenting technical requirements and translating them into user stories/accompanying documentation
- Ability to communicate effectively and explain complex problems in a simple way
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Enjoy collaborating with others, both inside and outside the team
- Understanding of deadlines, constraints and scope of delivery and experience working with the business partners to ensure the right balance between these are met, setting expectations and handling risks early
- Ability to integrate into a large agile development project and manage rapid development cycles
- Understanding of the basics of video streaming technologies and ad insertion
- Experience working within iOS engineering teams
- Interest in promoting an inclusive team culture where engineers of diverse backgrounds can grow
- Committed to quality in every assignment, large or small
This position is eligible for company sponsored benefits, including medical, dental and vision insurance, 401(k), paid leave, tuition reimbursement, and a variety of other discounts and perks. Learn more about the benefits offered by NBCUniversal by visiting the Benefits page of the Careers website. Salary range: $130,000 - $165,000; Bonus and LTI eligible
NBCUniversal's policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access nbcunicareers.com as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations in the US by calling 1-818-777-4107 and in the UK by calling +44 2036185726.