Technical Product Manager – Enterprise Systems at CapTech (Richmond, VA)
CapTech is a team of master builders, creators, and problem solvers who help clients grow efficient, successful businesses. We unite diverse skills and perspectives to transform how data, systems, and ingenuity enable each client to advance what’s possible in a changing world.
As perceptive partners, our U.S-based consultants find inspiration in the unknown and enjoy getting our hands dirty solving our clients’ myriad of challenges. Across industries and business goals, we fuse technical depth and analytical prowess with creative savvy to move clients forward. This drive helps each organization use technology, management, and insight to turn ideas into action. Together, we create outcomes that exceed the expected — which is one of the reasons we’ve been on the Inc. 500/5000 list for over a decade.Job Description
CapTech is seeking a Technical Product Manager with experience managing enterprise applications that support a diverse group of stakeholders. Remaining a top IT consulting firm requires continuous maturity and evolution of the technical solutions used by both, our consultants and our internal staff. These solutions power the day-to-day operations of our business, as well as assist in the development of best -in-class solutions for our clients. Keeping these applications at their best is a competitive advantage, and a must-have to enable continued growth.
Reporting to the Director of IT Operations, you will establish a Product Management discipline that addresses how we manage our enterprise applications in support of our internal clients (fellow Captechers) across all domains; including our consultants, business development efforts, technical operations, finance, and human resources. This role is inherently cross-functional – you will partner with leaders and experts across these groups to deeply understand their needs, evaluate the universe of possible solutions, and identify an ideal suite of applications (and related features) to best support their needs in alignment with firm priorities and budget targets.
You’ll partner with technology teams to deploy these solutions and ensure client groups are supported during launch and/or transition. As the Technical Product Manager of Enterprise Applications, you’ll show flexibility as you oversee the ongoing evolution of the application suite in pursuit of changing demands and priorities. Successful candidates will be strong, self-driven leaders who can design best-in-class solutions that can stand the test of time, supporting today’s needs while enabling ongoing growth and evolution. They communicate clearly with data to support their ideas, prioritize effectively, and demonstrate a consistent track record of excellent judgement and results delivery. They will be naturally client centric – working backwards from client needs, and they will thrive in an environment that requires strong business acumen and exemplary communication skills.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Develop and deploy a Product Management discipline that enables partnership across diverse stakeholders, deliver solutions that meet the needs of internal clients, and stewardship of resources in accordance with firm priorities and within budget parameters.
- Partner with extended stakeholders in understanding our most critical needs
- Identify an ideal mix of applications and features to enable the future growth reflected in the firms vision while honoring the budget parameters set forth by the firm.
- Partner with the IT Enterprise Systems delivery team to deploy solutions and manage change in a way that drives adoption, maximizes client satisfaction, and minimizes business disruption.
- Proactively identify new applications and/or features that address current and future needs/pain points.
- Develop recommendations that will improve the suite of Enterprise Applications in support our business operations and in alignment with budget targets (e.g., feature mix shift, tool updates, application additions / decommissions, etc.).
- Align extended stakeholders around a common vision for the future state of Enterprise Applications and the relative prioritization and sequencing of investments to achieve that vision.
- Experience delivering business value under hosted application suites like Salesforce, Workday, Power B/I
- 3+ years of technical product management experience spanning the full product lifecycle (from concept through deployment)
- Experience in developing product strategies, roadmaps, and proposals
- Experience understanding client needs and translating those into technical features or solutions
- Demonstrated ownership of the full life cycle of a technical product, from concept development and client / market research to product delivery and maturity
- Demonstrated track record of partnering across a diverse set of stakeholders at levels and in varied disciplines throughout an organization
- Entrepreneurial spirit with the ability to work independently and effectively in a results-oriented, fast-paced, innovative, entrepreneurial environment
- Experience leading effective, productive meetings, and facilitating complex discussions that drive clarity and lead to alignment around a common vision
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, especially in the application of Lean/Agile methodologies
- Willingness to travel as needed (More Information on CapTechCapTech operates in the Consulting industry. The company is located in Richmond, VA, Reston, VA, Wayne, PA, Charlotte, NC, Atlanta, GA, Colombus, OH, Chicago, IL and Denver, CO. CapTech was founded in 1997. It has 1100 total employees. To see all 126 open jobs at CapTech, click here.