SpotOn is a fast-growing Point-of-Sale, marketing, loyalty, sales, and reputation tracking platform that helps customers check in to earn rewards at their favorite local businesses using our web, mobile phone, and tablet products. Business owners can use data generated by these check-ins, as well as sales data, to reach out and connect with their customers, and manage their online reputation, and experience the benefits of loyal, returning customers.
SpotOn is looking for an exceptional Product Manager with a background in product integrations
for Point of Sale partners. This is a critical role in helping to expand our technical partner relationships and integration offerings. You will lead the continuous enhancement and delivery of new product integrations by defining customer and partner needs and then translating that to
requirements via user stories and other input, working with development, marketing and sales teams. As a Product Manager you bring well rounded product expertise to the role that includes core best practices of product management.
Key areas of focus will include gathering internal and external feedback and requirements, keeping
abreast of current technology, and helping define the strategic product direction in partnership with other Product Managers and the Architecture team. You must possess a blend of business and technical understanding, a big-picture vision and the drive to make that vision a reality.
This role will require balancing client and internal relationships, to drive market-leading products through innovative and simplistic architecture.
● Lead the ideation, technical development, and launch of innovative point of sale (POS)
● Establish shared vision across the company by building consensus on priorities leading
to product execution
● Build and deliver a product roadmap that encompasses our product strategy coupled
with customer and partner input
● Drive product development with a team of world-class engineers and designers
● Integrate research and market analysis into product requirements to ensure we are
bringing added value to our customers
● Define and analyze metrics that inform the success of products
● Understand Appetize’s strategic and competitive position and deliver products that are
recognized as best in the industry
● Maximize efficiency in a constantly evolving environment where the process is fluid and
creative solutions are the norm
● Stay current with compliance and relevant regulations affecting the marketplace and
relevant product functionality
● In consultation with the development team discuss and refine solutions to technical
● Work across the product teams to prioritize work and ensure that it is meeting customer
commitments as well as dependencies
● Work with product marketing to define go-to-market strategies for your product
● Evaluate feasibility of internal / external requests and balance those against the needs of
the business and resource budget
● Work with senior management to set product vision and strategy
● Other duties or special projects as assigned
● 5+ years of product management experience in a software development environment
● Understanding of Technical integrations and API experience required
● Ability to translate complex technical requirements into simple requirements
● Enterprise & Business Systems product management desired
● POS system experience desired
● Experience managing complete Product life cycle from inception to launch
● Excellent teamwork skills including written and verbal communication skills and working
with offshore teams
● This position requires travel to customer and non-customer sites
● Ability to work toward hard deadlines across multiple stakeholders
● May require supervision of Product Owners for your assigned product
● Proven ability to influence cross-functional teams without formal authority
● Ability to create and maintain a work environment that promotes client service,
teamwork, performance feedback, individual recognition and mutual respect
… then here’s a bit about what we have to offer!
- Health, Dental, and Vision insurance
- Flexible hours
- Reasonable work-from-home flexibility
SpotOn is committed to hiring a diverse workforce. We consider all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other basis as prohibited by federal, state or local law.