The world has changed. Why hasn’t insurance?
Kin’s mission is to reimagine home insurance For Every New Normal. While other insurers struggle to handle a fast-changing world, Kin is built for the future and is prepared to meet its challenges head on while helping our customers do the same.
Kin is proud to be one of BuiltIn Chicago’s 2021 and 2022 Best Mid Sized Companies to work for, and Forbes 2021 Best Startup Employers in North America. Simply put, our people are what make us great, and we need forward-thinking, inspired game-changers like you to join us in our mission.
So, what’s the role?
Kin’s Product team is the fulcrum that takes our vision of what home insurance should be and makes it real. Our product team owns the development and day-to-day KPIs of all customer & operations facing technology that is disrupting the $105B homeowners insurance industry. In this role, you will be an essential member of Kin’s leadership team that will build the tech platform necessary for achieving organizational goals of becoming an iconic, nationwide insurance brand.
As a SVP, Product, you will lead a team of product professionals responsible for defining, innovating, building and managing products across Kin. You will work closely with critical counterparts across the company including Engineering, Design, QA, Marketing, Operations and Insurance to develop, launch, and manage digital products that delight our customers while meeting regulatory requirements. With your team, you will develop product strategy, build and maintain product roadmaps, establish go-to-market plans, and drive operational excellence. Leading candidates will demonstrate visionary leadership, entrepreneurial spirit, data-driven decision making, and operational discipline along with a proven track record of results.
A day in the life could include:
- Serve as a key member of our leadership team helping to set overall company strategy
- Managing & building the product team, including hiring, development and performance
- Developing product vision and strategy
- Creating go-to-market strategy and planning
- Drive key KPIs and significant growth in the business as Kin expands nationwide & into new products and services
I’ve got the skills… but do I have the necessary ones?
- 10+ years experience in a product leadership role with insurance or fintech experience preferred
- Experience operating as senior product leader in high-growth, fast-paced environment
- Expertise and a strong desire to help your team elevate their skills and grow in their careers
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills and an ability to lead product teams in outcome and KPI-oriented ways
- Proven ability to balance building strategy, improving processes and shipping product at all the same time
- Experience with C-level communications & translation of company strategy into tech development
- Experience in a deeply cross-functional leadership role
Oh, and don’t worry, we’ve got you covered!
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Flexible PTO policy
- Very generous equity options and 401K
- Parental Leave
- Continuing education and professional development
- Disability and Life Insurance
- The excitement of joining a high-growth Insurtech company and seeing your work make an impact
In an industry that hasn't budged in more than 100 years, our technology transforms the user experience, cuts inefficiencies that waste billions of consumer dollars, and customizes coverage homeowners want. We believe insurance was always meant to be a digital product – we’re making that a reality.
Our approach to the industry makes us unique, and the people at Kin help us excel. We’re a team of problem solvers, collaborators, builders, and dreamers who are passionate about creating positive change in the lives of our customers and in our industry. Kin is more than just our name – it’s how we treat each other. That’s one of the many reasons we’ve been recognized as a great place to work by Built In, Forbes, and Fast Company.
Kin is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We don't just accept difference – we honor it, nurture it, and celebrate it. We don’t discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
Kin encourages applications from all backgrounds, communities and industries, and are committed to having a team that is made up of diverse skills, experiences and abilities.