Sr Technical Product Manager at Chewy
Chewy is hiring a Sr. Technical Product Manager for our Supply Chain Planning technology team with working knowledge of Demand Planning, Supply Planning, Transportation and S&OP. This role will require a collaborative mindset that is able to influence decisions cross-functionally and be able to play a central role in building and evolving the supply chain planning systems’ roadmap. You will engage with Engineering, Demand Planning, In-stock Management, Transportation, Supply Chain Research & Planning and FC Operations teams to understand their roadmaps and their needs and incorporate those needs into a technology roadmap. You will partner with Engineering Leaders to prioritize the technology roadmap items and to transpose the roadmap items into requirements, epics, and stories for Engineering Teams to consume and deliver upon. You will own the Supply chain technology product roadmap, set deliverables, defining KPIs, and ensure that they are met.
What You'll Do:
- Work with Supply Chain Planning team’s internal customers to ensure that their needs are captured through the intake process, planned for, and met through the creation of themes/epics/stories, technical specifications, and well-defined success criteria.
- Work with engineering and development teams to resolve bottlenecks to help deliver systems and functionality which meet customer needs.
- Analyze customer needs across teams and projects, identifying commonalities and working with other Technical Product Managers / Product Managers to identify features needed for the Platform that meet these needs and use cases.
- Manage the backlog log in terms of priorities, refined stories, and the completion of epics.
- Review and communicate effectively the progress for initiatives/projects, managing project risks - including the development of contingency plans.
- Work with engineering leader to measure, report and continuously improve scrum team’s effectiveness’
- Collaborate with cross-functional stakeholders for adoption, and continually expand the systems’ portfolio.
What You'll Need:
- Bachelor's Degree (Industrial Engineering or Operations Research or Computer Science) or equivalent work experience
- Minimum of 7 years of Technical Product Management experience in retail eCommerce or Supply Chain domain.
- Strong analytical skills including SQL and Advanced Excel, including the ability to pull data and use it to identify and solve ambiguous problems.
- Technically savvy, and has exposure to software development, and system integration.
- Ability to architect high-level system and user flows
- Demonstrated ability to think big and influence across all levels of an organization
- Experience or exposure using Scrum/Kanban and managing retrospectives..
- Ability to perform business requirements analysis and design.
- Ability to identify and mitigate development and implementation risks.
- Ability to work independently and as a part of cross-functional and multidisciplinary teams.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize deadlines.
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum environment.
- Knowledge of Atlassian suite of tools (Jira, Confluence).
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with great attention to detail and accuracy.
- Willingness to travel (~10%).
- Experience with AWS Cloud technologies.
- Ecommerce experience.
- Previous experience with Fulfilment Center or retail assortment planning
If you have a disability under the Americans with Disabilities Act or similar law, or you require a religious accommodation, and you wish to discuss potential accommodations related to applying for employment at Chewy, please contact HR at chewy dot com