Discover. A brighter future.
With us, you’ll do meaningful work from Day 1. Our collaborative culture is built on three core behaviors: We Play to Win, We Get Better Every Day & We Succeed Together. And we mean it — we want you to grow and make a difference at one of the world's leading digital banking and payments companies. We value what makes you unique so that you have an opportunity to shine.
Come build your future, while being the reason millions of people find a brighter financial future with Discover.Job Description
The Sr Product Owner ensures an outcome for a product is delivered that meets the requests from stakeholders and customers. This requires a fundamental understanding of the business and its constraints (financial, marketing, compliance, legal, service, the customer environment, the technical capabilities, the user experience, etc.) in order to provide a solution that satisfies all stakeholders and customers,
This Sr Product Owner will support Network Authorization focused in Digital Payments.
- Interact and collaborate with stakeholders on key product considerations and align with product vision, features and roadmap. Leverage customer insights, feedback, financials, compliance, and risk data to define product features and roadmap in partnership with other SMEs.
- Establish Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and Objects and Key Results (OKRs) for the product team and ensure alignment with senior leadership (e.g., SPO, Dir, etc.). Create and/or maintain key product documentation (e.g., customer journey map, technical specs, process mapping, etc.). Identifies and defines key non-functional requirements (e.g., security, availability, performance, etc.) to achieve necessary product metrics. Owns definition of Minimum Viable Product (MVP) and features/user stories for delivery product roadmap; in-line with the Objectives and Key Results (OKRs) of the greater product vision outlined by SPO and/or Business Director is the final decision maker for product scope
- Builds product backlog, prioritize its items to achieve Objectives and Key Results (OKRs) and continuously keep it up to date. Holds meetings with the product team to continuously update product backlog. Ensures product features and processes align with applicable Discover compliance and risk management standards. Ensures product adheres to the highest quality standards, including releasing security patches not linked to customers.
- Defines functional and non-functional product requirements; ensure completeness; integral and consistent; source of requirements for product team. Creates and validate user story acceptance criteria. Defines and ensures appropriate testing frameworks for product features (e.g., market testing, functional performance, etc.) Works with Data stewards in their respective LOBs to ensure required Data quality controls are identified and implemented. Inspect and evaluate product progress through each iteration.
- Partners with business technology to create technical features that are required to continuously optimize system components and underline infrastructure maintenance.
- Builds a culture of accountability and ownership by empowering the product team to make decisions as close to the work as possible. Manage dependencies with other team's functions while identifying, building, and managing strategic partnership across different product teams.
- Update client facing Specification related documentation. This includes owning Technical Specifications, its accuracy and review/approval work streams including identification and adherence to enterprise wide standards.
- Acts as first level of escalation within team to oversee resolution of issues to closure, and to fast track projects. Takes initiative to coach and share knowledge to develop others on the team.
- Identify & Drive necessary upgrades and manage a backlog to address operational debts (tools, reporting, monitoring)
Qualifications You’ll Need
- Bachelor's degree in Business or related field
- 6+ years of experience in Product, Business, Technical, or related
- In lieu of a degree, 8+ years of experience in Product, Business, Technical, or related
Bonus Points If You Have:
- Extensive knowledge of Payment Services/Financial Services, including Operational and Technical aspects
- Knowledge in Authorization and Digital Wallet Payments
- Extensive expertise in defining product features and user stories
- Proficiency in Agile methodology, including backlog grooming and refining, interactive engagement with Scrum Master, SMEs, Stakeholders and other product owners
- Experience in defining approach, action plans and oversight of project execution
- Ability to effectively collaborate and partner with stakeholders to properly prioritize product initiatives
- Demonstrated leadership in identifying and facilitating resolution of requirement, process, and project issues
- Ability to prepare clear and concise communications to internal and external business partners and senior management regarding initiatives, issues, and achievements
- Proven leadership to drive cross-functional teams to a consensus and manage groups without direct authority
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and work well under pressure to meet deadlines within short time constraints
- Strong technical skills (SQL/Splunk) and knowledge to build business intelligence artifacts and work with cross-functional teams to deliver on time on budget value
#LI-BP1 #Remote #networkauthorization #digitalpayments
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Discover.