Sr. Product Manager at Visa
Visa is a world leader in digital payments, facilitating more than 215 billion payments transactions between consumers, merchants, financial institutions and government entities across more than 200 countries and territories each year. Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, convenient, reliable and secure payments network, enabling individuals, businesses and economies to thrive.
When you join Visa, you join a culture of purpose and belonging – where your growth is priority, your identity is embraced, and the work you do matters. We believe that economies that include everyone everywhere, uplift everyone everywhere. Your work will have a direct impact on billions of people around the world – helping unlock financial access to enable the future of money movement.
Join Visa: A Network Working for Everyone.Job Description
The Visa Marketplace Services team's goal is to provide a stable, feature-rich platform enabling developers to build world class products quickly and easily by offering reusable services and a comprehensive suite of administrative tools. The staff product manager will be responsible for working cross-functionally among the global and regional product teams, client services, technology development, and others to gather and document requirements for the Portal and Data Exchange Services portions of the platform. S/he will write user stories and take on the product owner role for teams that will create, develop, test, and deploy client-facing portions of the platform, including the foundational site pages and critical data movement features.
- Collaborate cross-functionally with Global Product, Regional Product, Content Management, Account Executives, Technology, and others
- Define product requirements, including writing clear, thorough, and detailed user stories describing complex features
- Plan and work toward system releases to deliver on the product roadmap
- Perform the scrum product owner role, including creating/refining stories, prioritizing features and managing the product backlog, and participating in sprint planning
- Develop product documentation describing features from a user perspective, coordinate with training teams to develop user training
- 5 or more years of relevant work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or at least 2 years of work experience with an Advanced degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 0 years of work experience with a PhD
- 3+ years of work experience performing the scrum product owner role
- Proven problem solving skills with a strong focus on client needs
- Ability to transform business requirements into detailed technical requirements that enable technology teams to deliver product features based on business needs
- 6 or more years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or 4 or more years of relevant experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or up to 3 years of relevant experience with a PhD
- Experience in a business analyst or product management role with knowledge of product development
- Excellent interpersonal skills to build connections with internal Visa teams
- Excellent analytical (qualitative and quantitative) acumen and strong attention to detail
- Curious and inquisitive personality, with a strong desire to get beyond the 'what' and discover the 'why'
- Collaborative spirit and a knack for finding solutions that meet the needs of diverse stakeholders
- Ability to influence strategy
- Passionate about your work and enthusiastic about the opportunity to build product features from the ground up
- Experience and expertise influencing people without relying on direct authority
- Proactive and effective communicator, experienced in presenting information to all level
Visa has adopted a COVID-19 vaccination policy to safeguard the health and well-being of our employees and visitors. As a condition of employment, all employees based in the U.S. are required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19, unless a reasonable accommodation is approved or as otherwise required by law
Work Hours: Varies upon the needs of the department
Travel Requirements: This position requires travel 5-10% of the time.
Mental/Physical Requirements: This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable local law, including the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.