Sr Product Manager at The Walt Disney Company (Orlando, FL)
The Enterprise Technology mission is to deliver technology solutions that align to business strategies while enabling enterprise efficiency and promoting cross-company collaborative innovation. The Enterprise Technology organization drives competitive advantage by enhancing our consumer experiences, enabling business growth, and advancing operational excellence.
This role is part of the Digital Experience (DX) organization within Enterprise Technology. Our mission is to enable the digital employee in their day to day work through efficient delivery and integration of common and secure platforms, products and devices that provide them with an experience that supports responsible and efficient collaboration and communication with partners.
Who you are
You have excellent communication skills, are an analytical thinker, and are great at navigating broad-reaching and complex issues. You have experience working with a growing and agile team and you thrive in a fast-paced environment. You love building relationships with customers, business partners, software architects, and IT team members alike. A forward thinker, you are passionate about empowering creative and technical businesses at scale, building secure solutions, providing a great user experience, and have an excellent background in delivering on projects and complex tasks with others.
What you will be doing
As a Senior Product Manager, you will define complex technical strategies, perform advanced trend analysis, and review industry research to design & implement modern solutions. You will lead conversations with a wide variety of constituents ranging from individual contributors to Executive VPs as you develop technical roadmaps, assess priorities, negotiate timelines, track budgets, ensure compliance with TWDC policies (privacy, infosec, legal, etc.), define scope, and drive the execution teams to ensure secure and successful delivery across every stage of the Product Lifecycle and SDLC for custom applications.
For applications where goals are defined and funded by segment stakeholders you will lead these interactions as an account manager and primary point of contact. This will require you to balance the technical currency needs of the engineering team with the segment goals as you define the project strategy.
For applications where Enterprise Technology determines the product roadmap, you will incorporate the vision of leadership and employees who engage with the applications to define goals informed by data driven metrics in your roadmap.
You will be expected to act as a resource/mentor to peers with less experience and cross-train with peers to ensure coverage of the overall Custom Applications portfolio. You will be expected to operate as an independent and dynamic program leader. Highly adept at influencing without direct authority.
How you will get us there
You will lead efforts in four specific areas for the custom applications in your portfolio:
[Strategy and Roadmaps]
- Define and clearly communicate the vision, objectives, scale and scope of work, expected outcomes, business value and impact, timelines, roadmaps for each of the applications in your portfolio.
- Prepare executive level product/service presentations and dashboards to demonstrate overall product/service health, roadmaps, risks, accomplishments and performance indicators.
- Define KPIs and make data driven decisions based on application analytics and user feedback to develop, analyze, and report on roadmaps and key measurements defining success.
- Stay current on the competitive landscape and relevant emerging technologies as well as developments and use cases across Enterprise Technology to provide strategic guidance on ways to automate, improve user experience, and deliver services more efficiently.
- Lead the dialog with end-users, segment clients, vendors, engineering teams, design & solution architects, and peers on roadmaps for our portfolio of dozens of custom applications.
- Stay current on developments and use cases within Enterprise Technology and provide recommendations on ways to automate, improve user experience, and deliver more efficiently.
[Client Engagement and Execution Lead]
- Lead with practicality and wisdom in the midst of competing priorities and diverse personalities.
- Utilize highly developed communication skills to facilitate project-related conversations with technology senior leaders/managers/directors and stakeholders alike; scoping/managing new requests and driving tasks and project dependencies to completion across multiple supporting teams.
- Partner closely with Clients, Product Management, Engineering, and Customer Success on implementation of strategic enhancements and evolution to the portfolio of Custom Applications.
- Maintain the document repositories, ensuring they are current and regularly updated.
- Accountable for driving execution and delivery of complex enhancements from start to finish.
- Ensure a customer-focused and secure approach for delivering exciting custom application solutions across the Disney company
- Administer, lead and optimize operational transition activities and procedures supporting the day-to-day work necessary for supporting Custom Applications across Disney, and designing and fulfilling automation to support the portfolio and its customers.
- Partner with other Product Managers, Solution Architects, and Engineering teams to identify opportunities to improve user experience, increase agility/availability, and reduce technical debt.
- Ensure daily scrums/milestones are handled effectively and that the desired outcomes are achieved.
- Oversee smooth delivery and ongoing activities through partnership with Engineering, Release Management, and the PMO.
- Ensure a customer-focused and secure approach to delivering exciting information technology solutions across the Disney company.
- Lead discussions with Clients, Product Management and Customer Success on implementation of strategic enhancements and evolution to our Enterprise Technology Custom Applications.
- Identify and build strong stakeholder relationships.
[Governance and Compliance]
- Lead efforts with application stakeholders and engineers on overall health, compliance and security of the environment
- Establish regular audits of Custom Applications environments in coordination with engineering teams, security teams, and ensure expeditious remediation of control violations
- Enforce governance over the applications in your portfolio (integrations, security/privacy/legal policies, and records retention) and review regularly with application stakeholders and constituents.
- Administer, lead and optimize activities and procedures supporting the day-to-day work necessary for supporting our custom applications across Enterprise Tech.
- Initiate regular audits of custom application environments are performed in coordination with security teams and ensure violations are remediated.
[Financials and Reporting]
- Interact with finance / cost accounting for chargebacks
- Ensure product status is accurately reflected in project management and financial systems such as Clarity, Smartsheet, Jira, etc.
- Identify and elevate visibility on project risks such as delivery delays, scope creep, cost variance, etc. through regular executive and partner stakeholder engagement.
Bachelor's Degree in technical program or equivalent experience.
BA/BS in Information Systems, Software Engineering, Business Administration, or Computer Science desired.
- 5+ years of SDLC experience with Product/Service/Project Management and Client Engagement for Custom Applications in an enterprise environment
- 2+ years of experience in team lead or supervisory roles
- Proficiency and deep awareness of collaboration platforms and tools space (Slack, Zoom, Jira, Confluence, Office 365/Teams, etc.) - You consider yourself a champion / expert-level user of 2 or more of these tools
- Experience overseeing the product management of custom enterprise applications, leading vendors and consultants, support management and issue tracking
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills
- Self-directed and strong ability to prioritize and influence work in a matrixed organization
- Advanced business analysis skills
- Strong customer service, problem solving and teamwork abilities
- Detail oriented; able to draft, organize, and structure technical playbooks & guidelines for the IT support team to follow in their daily work.
- Advanced product management process knowledge, project management skills and experience