Sr. Product Manager – Virtualization at MacStadium (Atlanta, GA)
Meet MacStadium. We build cloud solutions to simplify Mac for business. We actively participate in and influence the Apple ecosystem in a cool way and have been a part of it since day one. Developers and end users at leading tech companies, big enterprises, and small teams rely on MacStadium’s innovative solutions every day. We have a passionate team of hard working, hard playing professionals with a big, shared vision. Come join us as we grow again!
What we need:
MacStadium is looking for an experienced product leader to guide the strategy, development, and delivery of our Mac virtualization platform, Orka. You enjoy working closely with customers to identify the challenges they face. You excel at collaborating with diverse teams to uncover innovative ways to make our customers successful. You are meticulous in decomposing and prioritizing feature requirements into manageable user stories. And you’re driven by delighting customers with exceptional products. Sound like you? Come join us in creating the next generation of MacStadium, the cloud for Mac.
This position reports to the Vice President and Head of Product.
What you will be doing:
- Guide the product direction for the MacStadium Orka virtualization platform.
- Work closely with software development, operations, marketing, and field teams to define, prioritize, and deliver product features and initiatives.
- Collect and interpret market data, customer feedback and other key metrics to develop insights to drive product strategy.
- Document use cases, communicate product strategy, write product requirements, and maintain and articulate product roadmaps.
- Regularly engage with customers and prospects to understand evolving needs and challenges.
- Stay ahead of market trends and customer objectives to uncover new opportunities.
- Support sales with select engagements by explaining and demonstrating product capabilities.
- Represent MacStadium at industry events virtually and in person (future).
- Work with product marketing to create compelling messaging, product collateral and demonstrations to educate internal and external audiences on Orka and our other virtualization offerings.
- Be an expert on application development and test on MacOS at scale, including a deep understanding of the challenges our customers face, why the problems exist, and options to solve them.
What Skills and Experience you need to have:
- 5+ years Product Management experience or 10+ years industry experience
- Professional experience with test automation and CI/CD workflows.
- Strong familiarity with cloud native technologies including containers, orchestration/Kubernetes, and storage.
- Demonstrated experience in establishing product strategy and launch of a new B2B SaaS offering.
- Deep empathy for customer objectives and challenges, with the ability to translate these into product opportunities.
- Practiced at de-risking and making impactful decisions while working with ambiguous information.
- Experience breaking complex challenges into manageable components that may be iteratively addressed.
- Strong written and spoken communication skills with the ability to relate to a wide variety of technical and non-technical audiences at all levels of an organization.
- Bottomless curiosity and a demonstrated ability to get to the root of issues.
- Proven ability to drive collaboration and alignment with widely diverse, cross-functional teams.
- Technical degree or equivalent industry experience; MBA or MS preferred.
Bonus points for one or more of the following:
- Previous technical (non-product) work with direct customer interaction (eg. sales engineer, consultant, solutions architect, etc.).
- Experience working with products that have both hardware and software components.
- Strong UX expertise and/or established portfolio in a creative/artistic field.
- Previous experience administering MacOS.
Excited by the opportunity but don’t quite match the experience requirements? Please apply anyway. We’re always open to considering your unique capabilities.
Highly competitive compensation based on experience. This position is remote or hybrid with Atlanta area preference. Semi-regular travel for customer, industry, and company events will likely be required in the future (up to 25%).
What you will get:
- Day one benefits. Coverage starts on day one. We offer competitive medical insurance, health and dependent care spending accounts, health savings account, disability insurance, and company paid and voluntary life insurance.
- Balanced life. We offer employees generous paid time-off policies, parental leave, holiday schedule, and a flexible work environment; MacStadium understands life also happens outside of work. Did we mention free company swag?
- Solid future. Beyond competitive salary and 401(k) matching, MacStadium offers continuing education, professional development, and wellness reimbursements.
Our current U.S. office locations are in Atlanta, GA, Las Vegas, NV, and Sunnyvale, CA. While it would be ideal to have someone close in proximity to one of our offices for this role, we are also considering candidates that would be fully remote.
For Colorado applicants, the compensation range is $160,000 to $175,000.