Sr. Product Manager, Unsecured Credit Card at Varo Bank (Salt Lake City, UT)
| Salt Lake City, UT
Sorry, this job was removed at 3:32 p.m. (CST) on Friday, January 6, 2023
Varo is an entirely new kind of bank. All digital, mission-driven, FDIC insured, and designed for the way our customers live their lives.
A bank for all of us.
About the Product Team
Varo’s Product Team is a cornerstone of the culture and the app experiences that our customers interact with on a daily basis. We’re responsible for making sure the products we ship provide innovative solutions that solve real problems for people.
We appreciate the value of getting into the mental models of our customers and out of our offices. We bring together cross-functional teams to act on a combination of qualitative and quantitative data to meet our customer needs and commercial plans. We thrive on feedback and push to always up our game—but try to never take ourselves too seriously.
About the Sr. Product Manager, Unsecured Credit Card role
We are seeking an Unsecured Credit Card Product Lead to create, lead and deliver our roadmap to create a credit card that helps users manage their spending, stay out of debt, and get rewarded for the progress that they are making in their financial life. Your objective will be to define both the product experience and capabilities that are needed to serve our customers, then bring the product to market and scale it to our rapidly growing base of customers.
What you'll be doing
- Understand our customers, and define the unsecured credit card experience that solves their key pain points
- Understand Varo’s overall product suite and define the way that unsecured credit card interacts with other products in a complementary way
- Define the core capabilities needed to manage a high quality credit card experience, including partnership with our engineering team in deciding where to build technology and where to partner with technology providers.
- Created and implement the roadmap for unsecured credit card at Varo
- Partner with our product marketing and brand teams to define the customer val-prop and go-to-market strategy for unsecured credit card
- Test the experience with customers to validate key hypotheses, and partner closely with design and user research to ensure that we’re launching simple and delightful experiences
- Create detailed requirements and partner closely with engineering
- Incorporate risk management into your product strategy from the start, partnering with Varo’s risk and credit teams to ensure that we are launching sustainable, high-quality and compliant products.
- Roll up your sleeves to remove barriers and obstacles hindering the team's ability to ship
- Launch an MVP that validates the key hypotheses for unsecured credit card, and then iterate rapidly on the product
- Own executive and stakeholder communication and collaboration and evangelize the role of unsecured credit card within the company.
Required skills, experiences, and traits
The three skills that matter most
Nobody can be great at everything, but we're looking for candidates who are extraordinary at:
- You believe in being part of an inclusive bank that is made to serve the needs of all customers, regardless of their backgrounds
- You are an experienced Product Manager who is passionate about helping customers effectively manage their finances and spending
- You care deeply about understanding your customer and their needs, and then move decisively to solve those needs.
- You are analytical and are comfortable with consuming and analyzing data to improve your product’s performance
- You have worked on card products in the past, and are comfortable with the complexities of building high-quality unsecured card products
- Strong execution capability and ability to drive work to completion
- Ability to partner effectively with a broad range of teams, including engineering, design, user research, credit, risk management, and others.
- You have 8+ years of experience as a product manager, with several years in a card-related role
- Passion for building card products that help people make the best financial and spending decisions for themselves
- Enjoy analyzing quantitative and qualitative data to make good decisions
- Achieving goals as part of a team
Varo launched in 2017 with the vision to bring the best of fintech into the regulated banking system. We’re a new kind of bank – all digital, mission-driven, FDIC-insured, and designed around the modern American consumer.
As the first consumer fintech to be granted a national bank charter in 2020, we make financial inclusion and opportunity for all a reality by empowering everyone with the products, insights, and support they need to get ahead. Through our core product offerings and suite of customer-first features, we aim to address a broad range of consumer needs while profitably serving underserved communities that have been historically excluded from the traditional financial system.
We are growing quickly in our hub locations of San Francisco, Salt Lake City, and Charlotte along with colleagues located across the country. We have been recognized among Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies, Forbes’ Fintech 50, and earned the No. 7 spot on Inc. 5000’s list of fastest-growing companies across the country.
Varo. A bank for all of us.
Our Core Values
- Customers First
- Take Ownership
- Stay Curious
- Make it Better
Varo is an equal opportunity employer. Varo embraces diversity and we are committed to building teams that represent a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Learn more about Varo by following us:
Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/varomoney
Instagram - www.instagram.com/varobank
LinkedIn - https://www.linkedin.com/company/varobank
Twitter - https://twitter.com/varobank
Engineering Blog - https://medium.com/engineering-varo
SoundCloud - https://soundcloud.com/varobank
Beware of fraudulent job postings!
Varo will never ask for payment to process documents, refer you to a third party to process applications or visas, or ask you to pay costs. Never send money to anyone suggesting they can provide work with Varo. If you suspect you have received a phony offer, please e-mail [email protected] with the pertinent information and contact information.
More Information on Varo Bank
Varo Bank operates in the Fintech industry. The company is located in San Francisco, CA, Draper, UT and Charlotte, NC. Varo Bank was founded in 2015. It has 1000 total employees. It offers perks and benefits such as Volunteer in local community, Friends outside of work, Eat lunch together, Open door policy, Team based strategic planning and Open office floor plan. To see all 13 open jobs at Varo Bank, click here.
Read Full Job Description