Sr. Product Manager, Service and Support at Varo Bank (Salt Lake City, UT)
| Salt Lake City, UT
Sorry, this job was removed at 3:32 p.m. (CST) on Friday, January 6, 2023
Varo is an entirely new kind of bank. All digital, mission-driven, FDIC insured, and designed for the way our customers live their lives.
A bank for all of us.
About the Product Team
Varo’s product team is a cornerstone of the culture and the app experiences that our customers interact with on a daily basis. We’re responsible for making sure the products we ship provide innovative solutions that solve real problems for people.
We appreciate the value of getting into the mental models of our customers and out of our offices. We truly live up to the “glue” metaphor for product management and bring together cross-functional teams to act on a combination of qualitative and quantitative data. We thrive on feedback and push to always up our game—but try to never take ourselves too seriously.
About the Senior Product Manager, Servicing & Support Role
We are looking for a Senior Product Manager to build and manage Varo’s Servicing and Support experience for both our customers and our internal workforce. In this role, you will have the opportunity to create magical self-service experiences that reduce support and call center contacts. You will plan, develop, and optimize capabilities that drive high NPS and delight. This is an exciting opportunity to join a growing team, make a big impact, and help us scale Varo Bank.
What you'll be doing
- Drive the product strategy and execution of our service and support experiences.
- Create capability/feature level roadmaps with clear success metrics that achieve a given set of goals and outcomes.
- Write clear specifications, user stories, acceptance criteria, and process workflows.
- Make strategic and data-based decisions about trade-offs, balance scope with quality, and clearly communicate to stakeholders/executives.
- Analyze feature/experiment results and communicate learnings to the team & influence strategy & roadmap.
- Create alignment with engineers, designers, data scientists, and 3rd party vendors - leading product development to building, testing, and launching.
- Get involved with industry meet-ups and associations to stay on top of new trends and best practices
Required skills, experiences, and traits
The three skills that matter most
Nobody can be great at everything, but we're looking for candidates who are extraordinary at:
Other nice to haves
- 5+ years of product management experience delivering highly successful and creative products/systems.
- Setting and delivering on a strategy you crafted, where you were accountable for the outcomes.
- Ability to demonstrate the expected impact of your product ideas using both quantitative and qualitative data.
- You find a way to get the data you need to help inform your decision-making.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills to succinctly articulate concepts, ideas, and recommendations.
- You’re technically proficient having collaborated with engineers to develop technical architecture of the products you have built.
- Entrepreneurial mindset who values moving quickly.
- Mission driven
- Love for fintech
Varo launched in 2017 with the vision to bring the best of fintech into the regulated banking system. We’re a new kind of bank – all digital, mission-driven, FDIC-insured, and designed around the modern American consumer.
As the first consumer fintech to be granted a national bank charter in 2020, we make financial inclusion and opportunity for all a reality by empowering everyone with the products, insights, and support they need to get ahead. Through our core product offerings and suite of customer-first features, we aim to address a broad range of consumer needs while profitably serving underserved communities that have been historically excluded from the traditional financial system.
We are growing quickly in our hub locations of San Francisco, Salt Lake City, and Charlotte along with colleagues located across the country. We have been recognized among Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies, Forbes’ Fintech 50, and earned the No. 7 spot on Inc. 5000’s list of fastest-growing companies across the country.
Varo. A bank for all of us.
Our Core Values
- Customers First
- Take Ownership
- Stay Curious
- Make it Better
Varo is an equal opportunity employer. Varo embraces diversity and we are committed to building teams that represent a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Learn more about Varo by following us:
Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/varomoney
Instagram - www.instagram.com/varobank
LinkedIn - https://www.linkedin.com/company/varobank
Twitter - https://twitter.com/varobank
Engineering Blog - https://medium.com/engineering-varo
SoundCloud - https://soundcloud.com/varobank
Beware of fraudulent job postings!
Varo will never ask for payment to process documents, refer you to a third party to process applications or visas, or ask you to pay costs. Never send money to anyone suggesting they can provide work with Varo. If you suspect you have received a phony offer, please e-mail [email protected] with the pertinent information and contact information.
More Information on Varo Bank
Varo Bank operates in the Fintech industry. The company is located in San Francisco, CA, Draper, UT and Charlotte, NC. Varo Bank was founded in 2015. It has 1000 total employees. It offers perks and benefits such as Volunteer in local community, Friends outside of work, Eat lunch together, Open door policy, Team based strategic planning and Open office floor plan. To see all 13 open jobs at Varo Bank, click here.
Read Full Job Description