Sr. Product Manager, Payments at Varo Bank (Salt Lake City, UT)
| Salt Lake City, UT
Sorry, this job was removed at 3:32 p.m. (CST) on Friday, January 6, 2023
Varo is an entirely new kind of bank. All digital, mission-driven, FDIC insured, and designed for the way our customers live their lives.
A bank for all of us.
ABOUT THE TEAM
Varo’s Product Team is a cornerstone of the culture and the app experiences that our customers interact with on a daily basis. We’re responsible for making sure the products we ship provide innovative solutions that solve real problems for people.
We appreciate the value of getting into the mental models of our customers and out of our offices. We bring together cross-functional teams to act on a combination of qualitative and quantitative data to meet our customer needs and commercial plans. We thrive on feedback and push to always up our game—but try to never take ourselves too seriously.
ABOUT THE ROLE
We are seeking a Payments Product Lead to create, lead and deliver our person to person payments roadmap. Your objective will be to rapidly expand our payments capabilities to meet core customer needs.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Create and implement the product roadmap for person to person payments
- Create thought leadership on payments experiences
- Own the performance of your products: optimizing for meeting customer needs in terms of speed, convenience and access, while controlling for fraud, operational costs and cost of any 3rd party solutions
- Collaborate effectively with other groups to create solutions, including data science, design, user experience research, risk, operations and marketing
- Write and present detailed product deliverables on key initiatives to executives and stakeholders.
- Get involved with industry meet-ups and associations to stay on top of new trends and best practices
- Roll up your sleeves to remove barriers and obstacles hindering the team's ability to ship.
- Evangelize payments initiatives across Varo
- Lead technical story-writing and write stories yourself as needed to move quickly
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCES THAT'LL HELP MAKE YOU GREAT
THE THREE SKILLS THAT MATTER MOST
Nobody can be great at everything, but we're looking for candidates who are extraordinary at:
- You are an experienced Product Manager who is passionate about payments
- You understand Varo’s customer base and are keen to build payments solutions that work for all customers, regardless of their background
- You are analytical, and are comfortable with consuming and analyzing data to improve your product’s performance
- You have delivered solutions to market that have driven tangible improvements to payments usage and customer engagement
- Strong execution capability and ability to drive work to completion
- You have 8+ years of experience as a product manager, with several years in a payments role
- Passion for designing new payments experience for customers
- Enjoy analyzing quantitative and qualitative data to make good decisions
- Achieving goals as part of a team
Varo launched in 2017 with the vision to bring the best of fintech into the regulated banking system. We’re a new kind of bank – all digital, mission-driven, FDIC-insured, and designed around the modern American consumer.
As the first consumer fintech to be granted a national bank charter in 2020, we make financial inclusion and opportunity for all a reality by empowering everyone with the products, insights, and support they need to get ahead. Through our core product offerings and suite of customer-first features, we aim to address a broad range of consumer needs while profitably serving underserved communities that have been historically excluded from the traditional financial system.
We are growing quickly in our hub locations of San Francisco, Salt Lake City, and Charlotte along with colleagues located across the country. We have been recognized among Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies, Forbes’ Fintech 50, and earned the No. 7 spot on Inc. 5000’s list of fastest-growing companies across the country.
Varo. A bank for all of us.
Our Core Values
- Customers First
- Take Ownership
- Stay Curious
- Make it Better
Varo is an equal opportunity employer. Varo embraces diversity and we are committed to building teams that represent a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Learn more about Varo by following us:
Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/varomoney
Instagram - www.instagram.com/varobank
LinkedIn - https://www.linkedin.com/company/varobank
Twitter - https://twitter.com/varobank
Engineering Blog - https://medium.com/engineering-varo
SoundCloud - https://soundcloud.com/varobank
Beware of fraudulent job postings!
Varo will never ask for payment to process documents, refer you to a third party to process applications or visas, or ask you to pay costs. Never send money to anyone suggesting they can provide work with Varo. If you suspect you have received a phony offer, please e-mail [email protected] with the pertinent information and contact information.
More Information on Varo Bank
Varo Bank operates in the Fintech industry. The company is located in San Francisco, CA, Draper, UT and Charlotte, NC. Varo Bank was founded in 2015. It has 1000 total employees. It offers perks and benefits such as Volunteer in local community, Friends outside of work, Eat lunch together, Open door policy, Team based strategic planning and Open office floor plan. To see all 13 open jobs at Varo Bank, click here.
Read Full Job Description