Sr Product Manager - Marketplace Matching at Uber
Uber marketplace globally unlocks opportunity for riders, eaters, earners and businesses at an unprecedented scale. Marketplace matching connects earners looking for work with customers looking for transportation/delivery at the push of a button. We leverage cutting edge technology to expand access, provide choice and transparency while maintaining a reliable and high throughput marketplace.
About the Role
As a Product Manager for Marketplace Matching, you will be responsible for strategy and development of technology that connect customers and earners in the most delightful and efficient way possible. You will leverage optimization, artificial intelligence and innovative design thinking collaborating cross functionally to improve experience for earners and customers while improving topline/bottomline for the largest gig-economy company in the world.
What you'll do
- Define the roadmap and lead execution of matching products that impact drivers, couriers, riders and eaters.
- Work closely with pricing, driver, rider, legal and operations teams to deliver scalable delightful experiences that drive marketplace efficiency.
- Execute rapidly while maintaining a northstar aligned with Uber's mission and strategies.
- Balance trade offs nimbly across experience, top/bottom line, regulatory risk and platformization.
- Drive cross-functional teams to set qualitative objectives and quantitative goals. Requires collaborating with and challenging all members of cross functional teams (e.g. design, engineering, data science, legal, etc.) to think boldly and creatively and channel that energy into concrete and rapid execution.
- Maintain, monitor and measure the performance of launched products and funnel learnings back into product development and innovation.
- Communicate product opportunities, challenges, plans, benefits and results to the appropriate audience at the appropriate time.
- Minimum of 4 years experience in Product Management delivering successful and innovative products
- Strong customer empathy, with an ability to transform complex data and customer insights into a prioritized roadmap
- Leadership and communication. Proven ability to work collaboratively with technical and non-technical team members up to and including the executive-level
- Strong communication & partnership skills - this will be an extremely cross-functional role, with more than a handful of core stakeholder teams.
- Experience partnering with cross-functional teams of engineers, data scientists, and designers to deliver extraordinary products
- Entrepreneurial spirit and a thirst for learning.
- Academic background or equivalent work experience in computer science, data science, statistics, economics or engineering highly preferred
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.