PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Sr. Product Manager, Machine Learning
San Diego, CA:The Team:
PlayStation’s Machine Learning team powers intelligent and delightful customer experiences on PlayStation consoles, websites and mobile.
Located in San Francisco, the team is passionate about gaming and ML, as well as being friendly, encouraging, and inclusive. We are looking for a Senior Product Manager who can continue to build and improve the PlayStation ML platform. In this role you will work as part of a team, innovating on the existing ML experience and defining what comes next for PlayStation customers around the world.The Role:
This Senior Product Manager will be responsible for defining requirements and setting the direction for the ML platform, with a view to enabling experience teams across PlayStation to activate insights to personalize and enrich the consumer experience. The ideal candidate is a Product Management professional who brings innovative products to the market and has the technical background necessary to partner with a variety of product, engineering and data science teams.
You should be passionate about machine learning technology, big data platforms, and the application of data forward techniques across the product lifecycle. You will have developed outstanding product management skills. You anchor your decisions in strategy and defend them with data, and you thrive in an active and highly ambitious environment. This is a high impact role that demonstrates strong technical and business skills to deliver innovative features for our customers and partners across the entire PlayStation platform.Role Responsibilities:
- Develop a deep understanding of the needs of ML from PlayStation teams and partners
- Own, develop, maintain, and evangelize the product roadmap for Machine Learning @ PlayStation
- Propose and present future product innovations for the Machine Learning platform
- Input into the Data Platform Product Management Lead as part of the wider product data strategy
- Engage at a detailed technical level to drive product requirements
- Drive feature prioritization, process improvements, and product development direction
- Define success metrics and SLAs on the key data products and services
- Perform User Acceptance Testing and ensure requirements were understood and implemented as requested
- Proactively provide customer and business context to engineering teams
- Establish SME status relative to the ML and provide insights into market trends
- Drive collaboration across all PlayStation Machine Learning Teams to align on company wide ML initiatives
- 4+ years of experience in product management or in with a focus on the application of big data and machine learning
- Strong analytical abilities and experience with data informed product design and decision making (including where ML should and shouldn’t be leveraged)
- Excellent communicator able to articulate the value of ML techniques to stakeholders across the organization
- Good understanding of the ethical issues that surround Machine Learning and its application
- Experience in working with a wide array of partners across organizations, including sales, marketing, data scientists, and related functions
- An ambitious self-starter who deals well with ambiguity
- Strong, influential cross-functional team leader
- Excellent problem-solving skills and ability to work independently
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
Reasonable Accommodation Notice Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.
PRIVACY NOTICE TO SIE LLC’S JOB APPLICANTS
This Privacy Notice explains what personal information we at Sony Interactive Entertainment LLC collect from you, and why we collect it and use it. This Notice covers our practices regarding the personal information of all applicants to our job positions. Please review it carefully.
Categories of personal information we collect from you
We collect personal information about you throughout the recruiting process, in particular the following categories. Generally, we obtain this information through our Recruiting Team:
A. Identification and contact information
- Direct identifiers such as your first and last name.
- Indirect identifiers such as a government ID, your Social Security, work permit or passport #.
- Contact information such as your email address, mailing address, telephone number.
B. Other information about you or that can be associated with you such as:
- Sensitive/Protected Data. During the recruitment process, you may (voluntarily) provide us with your ethnicity, gender, military service information, or physical or mental health information, as well as your national origin and citizenship.
- Professional or job position-related information, including your past professional experience, references; background verification; talent management and assessment; information regarding any conflicts of interests; and the terms and conditions of your job offer.
- Non-public education information, including information about your education records, such as grades and transcripts.