Sr. Product Manager - Developer Tools at Uber
Uber is a once-in-a-generation company that is a leader in technology for transportation services in the gig economy. In addition to giving riders a way to get from point A to point B, we're helping people order food quickly and affordably, removing barriers to healthcare, creating new freight-booking solutions, and helping enterprise businesses provide a seamless employee travel experience.
Building these technologies requires access to world-class developer platforms that enable us to challenge orthodoxies and reinvent--sometimes even disrupt--ourselves. These include language frameworks for Web, Java, iOS and Andriod development, code repositories, cutting-edge tools for continuous integration and continuous development, test automation, release management, health monitoring, and logging. We build platforms purpose-built for Uber use cases and also source from best of breed public cloud services.
About the role
We are looking for a rockstar Product Lead to innovate and provide the best in class experience through the pioneering new developer platforms and services to scale Uber's infrastructure and cloud in the most efficient manner.
What You'll Do
- Pioneer the delivery of best-in-class developer platforms and services to scale Uber's infrastructure and cloud in the most efficient manner.
- Operate across a wide range of deployment users at Uber - e.g. infrastructure, platforms, and product teams powering Rides, Eats, Freight, and other businesses.
- A customer-driven mindset to drive requirements and adoption for such platforms
- Define business KPIs and excite teams to deliver on the promise of highly-available and comprehensive configuration management solution at Uber
- Lead prioritization and trade-offs between schedule, performance, and cost
- Align key stakeholders to ensure scalable solutions and operational excellence
- Proactively identify and resolve issues to meet strategic and financial (ROI) goals
- Engage with Uber executives through regular updates
- 8+ years of technology experience with at least 5+ years in Product management
- Experience leading systems development and cross-functional teams
- Domain expertise in developer platforms, CI/CD tools, and cloud computing technologies
- Strong strategy analytical skills to use data to support decision making.
- Experimental mindset and use metrics to back up assumptions and evaluate outcomes
- High attention to detail and proven ability to manage multiple, competing for priorities
- Successfully demonstrated bringing new cloud infrastructure technologies to market or delivering them at scale within a large enterprise
- Ability to work with internal and/or external executive stakeholders
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.