Founded in 2015, Automox is coming off its fourth quarter of record growth that has seen its platform become the most recommended solution in endpoint security and the preferred endpoint management solution for over 1,500 customers across 30 countries. With an increasing number of operating systems, servers, hardware, and applications that need to be maintained, updated, configured, and patched on a regular basis, IT ops teams are feeling fatigued and vulnerable. Automox is building a company and team to tackle this problem for millions of endpoints.
Automox is seeking a seasoned Technical Product Manager to own the next generation data platform. We are reimagining our platform with scaling data and flexibility in mind to unlock substantial product opportunities for our current and future customers. You will gather requirements from product managers and customers, identify and coordinate dependencies across the platform and drive development estimates and execution. Independence and a willingness to find the best solution for the problem or opportunity are core to this role. Strong experience with the product development process and the software development life cycle is required. Familiarity with endpoint management and/or cybersecurity and a technical/architecture background, especially in the data infrastructure/systems space is preferred. Successful candidates are team-oriented, work collaboratively, and bring a passionate and driven attitude to structured product development.
The Automox product management team is empowered and outcome driven, and develops and drives key OKRs -- individual and shared -- at every level. We have a lightweight product development lifecycle that drives lean startup methodology, experimentation, and a learning mindset.
Data Platform Experience
- Technically savvy, and experience with cloud platforms, APIs, communications, enterprise software, devices, and mobility
- Experience performing data analytics on distributed systems and iteratively launching first-class data platforms; real-time event systems and streaming applications is a plus
- Bonus for experience with the following technologies: any/all AWS cloud technologies, Kafka, Protobuf, Golang, Athena, Redshift, Spark, Snowflake, Hadoop, Hive, or similar technologies
- Own complex and innovative product enablement initiatives driven by customer use cases from concept to release, setting specific requirements and direction
- Experience building a platform to suit multiple internal stakeholders and products
- You have solved sophisticated problems and have the aptitude to independently navigate uncharted waters to “figure it out” -- identify and deliver impact, without having to be told what that impact, solution or decision is
- Thrive operating in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial, and competitive environment with a lot of ambiguity
- Collaborative approach and ability to work in a distributed/remote environment across functions
- Great communication skills. You're equally at home presenting to an audience of developers as you are to users and executives
- You have an uncanny ability to balance building a world-class data platform with delivering value quickly and iteratively to customers
- You thrive in a fast paced environment, handle pivots well, and utilize experimentation
- Team approach with a positive outlook; assume positive intent and work together to find solutions vs placing blame
Modern Product Management Ability And Mindset
- Collaborate with engineers, engineering managers and other PMs to move from validated problem statements and specific customer use cases to concept ideation and solution validation, and facilitate design
- Team up with the rest of product management to turn the roadmap into a sprint plan, while surfacing areas to improve the product, process, and experience
- Work independently to prioritize features and improvements against the Automox roadmap and vision
- Own the feedback loop for your features, driving customer validation and fast iteration into requirements, releasing thin slices of value vs waiting for full functionality
- Contribute actively to the global Automox product roadmap
- Translate customers and internal stakeholders needs into a prioritized roadmap, complete with short and mid-term targets as well as a long-term priorities and vision
- Collaborate closely with the engineering counterparts to convert the roadmap into an actionable plan.
- Are familiar with the Lean Startup method of validated learning, build-measure-learn/ experimentation and innovation accounting
SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES
- 5+ years of product experience, which can include product owner, engineering or architecture experience
- SaaS experience (customer lifecycle, billing/expansion, funnel metrics) strongly preferred
- Intellectual curiosity, humility, accountability, and positive approach
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including internal and external executive communication and the ability to create first-class presentations
- Industry experience: Endpoint management, IT Operations or Security is highly preferred
- Technical degree and/or architectural experience strongly preferred
Colorado applicants: The minimum annual salary for this role is $115,000. Base pay is part of a rich total compensation package and is included for demonstrative purposes only.
Automox offers additional compensation and benefits including: an annual bonus program and equity; comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans; STD & LTD, life insurance and AD&D; tele-medicine and mental health options; flexible spending account; pet insurance; legal shield and ID shield; 401k; perk stipends; an internet allowance; paid time off (including flexible PTO, company recharge days, sick time, paid parent support leave, and medical leave); adoption assistance; flexible schedules; and a remote-first culture.
Our offers, which include competitive base pay and the total compensation package, are determined by experience, depth of knowledge, and other relevant factors. Automox reserves the right to amend or modify employee perks and benefits.
WHY AUTOMOX We are on a mission to enable every IT Admin to automate the fundamental tasks that keep their corporation secure. This mission can only be accomplished with a culture embodies entrepreneurialism, accountability and providing our employees with the clear direction and freedom to do their best work. We don’t measure excellence based on how but on the what. Each employee has a value and contribution to the success of Automox. We look forward to working with you and seeing the success you will bring on our journey.
Remote : Anywhere in the US. The world is changing so are we. Automox has moved to a fully distributed company and is open to hiring across the US.
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse Automox. Automox is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status, or any legally protected status.