Sr Product Manager (Data Monetization) at Discover (Louisville, KY)
Discover. A brighter future.
With us, you’ll do meaningful work from Day 1. Our collaborative culture is built on three core behaviors: We Play to Win, We Get Better Every Day & We Succeed Together. And we mean it — we want you to grow and make a difference at one of the world's leading digital banking and payments companies. We value what makes you unique so that you have an opportunity to shine.
Come build your future, while being the reason millions of people find a brighter financial future with Discover.Job Description
Discover Commerce Exchange is a best in class data services platform. As part of the DCX product team, you will develop unique solutions to enhance the customer experience and solve complex problems for our clients utilizing this best-in-class data asset. You will interface with partners/clients both internal and external to understand use cases and detail requirements. This is a high visibility position that requires you to be a master of communication with the ability to communicate product vision including value, roadmap and requirements to all levels including the executive suite, technical teams, clients and XF business partners. The ideal candidate can see the big picture but also enjoys digging into the data to identify gaps and opportunities to better support our clients. You will develop requirements, solution design and the corresponding work needed through refinement and prioritization and take full responsibility for what gets implemented. You will manage timelines and feature delivery assuring client commitments are met. The ideal candidate remains flexible as we learn, iterate, and integrate in an effort to deliver functionality on aggressive timelines in a scaled agile framework.
This role will be responsible for managing the strategy, development, marketing, and client adoption of products. He/she will manage strategic product plans and the development and implementation of new products and enhancements, as well as manage relationships with vendors who support products.
- Accountable for achieving specific goals for each product, including evaluating product performance and identifying innovations to address customer needs and improve product performance in the market.
- Develop and communicate the DCX Product/Platform roadmap, adjusting to the changing market, customer, and/or organizational needs.
- Interface with clients to develop product use cases and translate them into technical requirements
- Manage the product pipeline of features for every release and Program Increment (PI).
- Write features and assure technology releases are aligned with product vision and are delivered on-time.
- Identify and resolve gaps in the platform to meet the demands of high value product use cases
- Manage product delivery timelines across ART’s to assure timelines are met
- Develop product strategies, conduct market research, and test concepts with leadership and client partners. Manage teams to develop enhancements, building internal and external partnerships, and develop marketing strategies for products.
- Define product roadmaps and features.
- Provide technology teams with product requirements and leads development projects.
- Research competitive products, features, and market trends.
At a minimum, here’s what we need from you:
- H.S. Diploma or GED
- 8+ years of experience in Product Management, or related field
If we had our say, we’d also look for:
- Bachelor's Degree in Business or related field
- Data monetization experience
- Strong Product Management experience, ideally within Network/Payment Services
- Experience in card payments, network, acquiring, issuing, or fintech
- Strategic mindset with technical acumen
- Strong communication skills – ability to work cross-functionally internally as well as externally
#LI-BP1 #Remote #datamonetization
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Discover.