Sr Product Manager, Customer Obsession at Uber
About the Role
As a Product Manager for Customer Obsession, you will be responsible for the strategy and development of the customer engagement platform to drive exceptional customer care experiences across mobile and web for Riders, Drivers, Eaters, and Businesses using Uber. Your primary focus area will be on driving higher customer retention after support interactions. You will be using best of breed technologies, and latest machine learning, data science techniques, and design thinking to accomplish this at a scale that has never been done before in the industry.
What You'll Do
- Lead product strategy and development of the customer engagement platform.
- Work closely with a massive global community operations organization to integrate business processes and policies onto the platform
- Collaborate with design team and guide their investments for research, prototyping, experimentation, and overall design thinking
- Collaborate with machine learning team and guide their investments in data analysis for a high impact conversational, prediction, and personalization strategy
- Collaborate with various Uber product teams to integrate customer information and infographics to enable accurate and effortless resolutions.
- Be incredibly truth-seeking. Collect whatever data is necessary to inform product direction, whether in the form of competitive intel, rider behavior or other business metrics. Solicit and welcome critical feedback..
- Make tradeoff decisions based on technical and business insights and experimentation
- Monitor and measure launched products and feed insights back into product development process to drive growth
- Clearly communicate product plans, benefits and results, as appropriate, to a spectrum of audiences, from internal stakeholders to Uber executives, employees to riders.
- A computer science undergraduate degree or other engineering degree equivalent.
- 6+ years of product experience, with at least 2-3 years experience delivering highly successful and innovative products or platforms with your signature all over them.
- Data-driven decision-making ability.
- Design thinking and customer-centric approach to building, experimenting, and iterating products
- A "driver" personality - constantly pushing toward clarity and delivery while balancing the need for great collaboration.
- High standards across the board - from your own contributions to the people you work with to the products you work on.
- Grittiness: You don't hesitate to take initiative and address something hands-on, you persevere when others give up.
- Passion for Uber's mission and the company's hybrid technology/operations nature.
- A deep desire to grow and learn.
- Experience in building ML platforms
- Experience with customer engagement or support platforms
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.