Sr Product Manager - Customer Identity at H-E-B (San Antonio, TX)
As a Senior Product Manager, you'll develop products that ensure a compelling digital experience for our retail Customers, or help arm H-E-B Partners company-wide with world-class business applications to thrive in their jobs. You'll collaborate with business customers to cultivate an intimate understanding of their needs and technology, and then you'll drive the entire technology project lifecycle to make our digital tools work, whether they're for Customers in our Stores or in workplaces across the Company.
Once you're eligible, you'll become an Owner in the company, so we're looking for commitment, hard work, and focus on quality and Customer service. 'Partner-owned' means our most important resources--People--drive the innovation, growth, and success that make H-E-B The Greatest Omnichannel Retailing Company.
Do you have a:
HEART FOR PEOPLE... you can see the world through customers' eyes in order to crystalize problems
HEAD FOR BUSINESS... radical thinking paired with strong execution; you envision a world different than the status quo and can articulate a clear path to get there
PASSION FOR RESULTS... you push to drive positive change in your team, within the department, and beyond
We're looking for someone who:
- can cultivate an intimate understanding of customer business needs
- can negotiate skillfully without damaging relationships
- can use rigorous logic / methods to solve difficult problems; provide honest analysis
What is the work?
Design & Development / Strategy / Project Management:
- Manages activities that drive product development and delivery at the team / department level, and across departments; serves as dedicated owner of a large set of related products, typically strategically- or thematically-related
- Serves as trusted subject matter expert on owned product area(s), related product area(s), and department
- Crafts project vision; coordinates cross-functional teams of Partners / suppliers
- Explores / validates, and executes with no pre-defined solutions; makes independent decisions in ambiguous and complex areas, based on analysis, experience, judgment
- Collaborates with stakeholders company-wide (e.g., Merchandising, Supply Chain, Marketing, Engineering, Finance & Accounting, Store Operations) to understand / document business needs in an end-to-end manner
- Creates / maintains product and project roadmaps
- Accesses / organizes data; builds analyses to understand financial impact of business opportunity and proposed solutions
- Works closely with business customers, Product Managers, Design & Engineering Partners to drive entire technology project lifecycle (conception, user research, design and prototyping, development, pilot, launch, measurement, iteration)
- Manages / leads team to demonstrate high velocity, efficiency, and morale; ensures team consistently meets committed deadlines
- Flexes existing processes to maximize outcomes; identifies critical risks and dependencies; anticipates / resolves critical team issues with little escalation
- Creates complex quantitative data analysis and modeling to inform outcomes; constructs methods / metrics to identify product team successes and failures
- Serves as a trusted mentor and guide
What is your background?
- A related degree or comparable formal training, certification, or work experience
- 5+ years of experience in product management or technology consulting
- Experience supporting retail, supply chain, ecommerce, or digital marketing operations a plus
- Experience successfully working in a fast-paced, change-oriented environment
Do you have what it takes to be a fit as a Senior Product Manager at H-E-B?
- Comprehensive knowledge of voice of the customer techniques