Sr Product Manager, AI Data Processing Applications
Bringing together the power of genomic and clinical information within a new kind of patient data platform to improve healthcare decision making at personal and systemwide levels. Learn more here.
About this role:
This is a technical product management role sitting at the intersection of AI/ML, clinical informatics, and data processing workflows. As the Sr Product Manager, your mandate is to create and execute product and technical roadmaps deliver state of the art features to our clinical document processing applications. The goal of these applications is to maximize the throughput of our clinical data production pipeline as well as the quality and semantic richness of the data it produces.
This is a senior role, reporting to VP level product and engineering leadership. You will have experience identifying key metrics and calculating ROI in advance of implementation to prioritize and justify investment. For these features, you will identify precise metrics to demonstrate the impact on the productivity of the operations teams. Your experience in measuring AI/ML performance using a model lifecycle infrastructure both unit level metrics like accuracy and end to end metrics will ensure effective technology is developed. By efficiently reporting AI/ML performance in terms of business outcomes to the key stakeholders, you will communicate the value of your team and product efforts. Ultimately, you will be responsible for working closely with business operations teams to translate business requirements to the roadmap and ensuring execution.
By developing using human-centered design thinking methods to identify high-value features and opportunities for your applications, you will develop strong cross-functional relationships with key stakeholders across Product and Clinical Operations teams and their needs. You’ll work with AI/ML engineering teams to develop a technical roadmap to enable these features, and ensure timely execution of the product roadmap. You will also be able to identify appropriate data sources, working with the AI/ML engineers to create datasets for model training, and guide an effective data labeling and annotation strategy (including selection of tools and service providers).
Key deliverables for this role include, but are not limited to:
- Creation of prioritized roadmaps of product features and technical implementations with timely milestones and precise metrics to demonstrate the impact of new features on operational outcomes
- Timely execution of the product roadmap, leveraging AI/ML engineering resources for technical implementation
- Creation of metrics dashboards providing real time visibility of impact to stakeholders
- Define and deliver tools and process for efficient data labeling and validation
- Define and deliver unified data models for product applications
Key responsibilities for this role include, but are not limited to:
- Use human centered design thinking to develop a detailed understanding of the data models, workflows, and user pain points of our clinical science, clinical operations, and clinical informatics teams
- Identify opportunities for AI/ML technologies to deliver transformative features
- Ensure high performance and maintainability of AI/ML implementations
- Craft and communicate precise metrics for measuring business impact
- Ensure technical roadmaps are efficient, knowing when to integrate and generalize implementations
- Competently and confidently participate in technical discussions with AI/ML engineers, with the ability to made good decisions that enable the prioritized product roadmap
- Leverage engineering teams with an agile development cycle to deliver timely roadmaps
- Manage external partners or contractors for labeling and annotation work
- Foundational experience in computer science, statistics, or related field
- At least 8 years of relevant experience, including at least 3 years of product management experience
- Demonstrated ability to conceive of, prioritize, and translate product features into technical requirements
- Demonstrated ability to plan and execute timely product and technical roadmaps
- Technical experience with data platforms and applications
- Strong conceptual knowledge of ML/NLP/CV methodologies and techniques
- Familiarity with Agile WoW, JIRA, and Confluence
- Experience with operations, process modeling, and data modeling
- Experience with dataset curation, labeling, annotation tools, and third-party strategies
- Experience defining and implementing a machine learning model lifecycle
- Experience with healthcare data
At Invitae, we value diversity and provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.