Founded in 2014, Opendoor’s mission is to empower everyone with the freedom to move. We believe the traditional real estate process is broken and our goal is simple: build a digital, end-to-end customer experience that makes buying and selling a home simple, certain and fast. We have assembled a dedicated team with diverse backgrounds to support more than 100,000 homes bought and sold with us and the customers who have selected Opendoor as a trusted partner in handling one of their largest financial transactions. But the work is far from over as we continue to grow in new markets. Transforming the real estate industry takes tenacity and dedication. It takes problem solvers and builders. It takes a tight knit community of teammates doing the best work of their lives, pushing one another to transform a complicated process into a simple one. So where do you fit in? Whether you’re passionate about real estate, people, numbers, words, code, or strategy -- we have a place for you. Real estate is broken. Come help us fix it.
About the Role:
We’re seeking a Sr. Director of Product Operations within our Sales & Support department. This leader is an analytical and organized problem solver to provide strategic insights and lead continuous product improvement efforts for Sales & Support operations. You’ll work in a fast-paced and self-directed environment, collaborating cross-functionally with Pricing, Product Management, Operations, Engineering, and Learning & Development teams to guarantee product readiness, communication, training, and support for feature and platform changes. You will develop teams, technology and processes to establish new products.
Main activities include a) product management based on the evolving changes within Opendoor products tied to development execution, including partnering with the cross-functional partners for planning, execution, reporting, and budget management and b) establishing and maintaining a consistent, harmonized Product Development Lifecycle (PDLC) This position will interact directly and cross-functionally with Product Design, Product Managers, Engineering/Product Development, Data, Marketing, Sales Operations, Legal and Compliance, Pricing, and Learning & Development.
In this role, you will:
- Work closely with Engineering, Design, and Sales & Support leadership to develop, pilot, and scale new products to be leveraged by our Sales & Support employees
- Collect data and scope projects required to drive performance to targets across Sales & Support functions
- Prioritize feedback/ideas based on data, and build business cases to embed your requests within the Sales & Support product roadmap
- Be a product expert and serve as a consultant for the Sales & Support operations teams, and be responsible for product knowledge dissemination in the organization as products evolve
- Plan, coordinate and manage launch and adoption activities for feature and platform changes
- Develop a deep competency in the transactional operations of our business. Primarily to understand the processes in order to build new products and improve them
- You will actively engage with users and provide scaled support to resolve their issues, identify user trends, and work with cross-functional partners to resolve issues using technology and automation
- Work cross-functionally with Pricing, Product Management, Operations, Engineering, and Learning & Development teams to guarantee product readiness, communication, training and support for launches
- Manage technical issues from the field and provide guidance on resolution to Sales & Support teams
- Be directly responsible and/or direct efforts contributing to operational scaling projects
- Write/conduct analyses in Excel that support financial analyses/models, toolsets, etc. order to prioritize feedback and make strategic decisions about product scaling
- Pitch in however you can when needed. We’re a lean team and there will be “all hands on deck” moments
We are looking for a teammate with:
- 10+ years professional experience in Business Operations, Business Consulting, product operations, product management, sales operations, managing a team and budget
- Demonstrated ability to lead teams to success
- Strong Excel skills and ability to recognize and analyze trends in data
- An interest in real estate.
- Process-driven mentality with a high attention to detail
More About Us:
Want to learn more about us and how we are revolutionizing the home buying and selling process? Learn more about us on our website, check out our profile on The Muse to learn more about our culture from our team members, or read our blog posts to hear about the work we are doing.
We Offer the Following Benefits and Perks:
- Full medical, dental, and vision with optional 70% coverage for dependents
- Flexible vacation policy
- Generous parental leave
- Paid time off to volunteer
Please note that these benefits and perks are available only to Full Time team members and do not apply to contract roles.
Opendoor Values Openness:
Read Full Job Description