Sr. Director, Product Management at Capital One (Washington DC)
Sr. Director, Product Management
Product Management at Capital One is a booming, vibrant craft that requires reimagining the status quo, finding value creation opportunities and driving innovative and sustainable customer experiences through technology.
We believe our portfolio of businesses and investments in growth and transformation will result in a company with the scale, brand, capabilities, talent, and values to succeed as the digital revolution transforms our society and our industry.
Do you dream of well-designed and intuitive products and customer experiences? Do you want to be the one who introduces change to help tens of millions of customers make smarter financial choices? Do you want to change the way people manage their money? If you answered yes to all of these questions, then product management at Capital One may be a fit for you
In this role, you will be expected to demonstrate proficiency in four key areas :
- Human Centered
- You'll deeply immerse yourself in knowing your internal and/or external customer(s) needs to reimagine and innovate product solutions
- You'll be challenged to discover customer needs and inspire innovative solutions or products in light of industry trends, emerging technologies and business and customers insights
- Business Focused
- You'll be the leader to develop a compelling portfolio or product vision for our organization to deliver capabilities that empower differentiated customer experiences and deliver breakthrough business value
- You'll lead a team that translates vision into strategic product roadmaps with an agile delivery approach in partnership with Tech while managing cyber, operational and/or regulatory risks
- Technology Driven
- You'll partner with Technology leaders to influence end-state architecture and drive secure, resilient, performant and scalable technology solutions that solve material customer and business problems
- You'll be responsible to make technology investments decision by assessing opportunities for reusing Enterprise solutions or for and building new ones with extensibility & enterprise scalability in mind
- Transformational Leadership
- You'll influence a broad set of senior executives across the enterprise and your organization who are stakeholders or delivery partner to successfully deliver on your portfolio/product vision
- You'll establish a long-term product portfolio strategy, informed by customer and business needs, to gain alignment, secure resources and overcome impediments
- You'll attract, grow, empower, and inspire top product talent as they develop and deliver on their local product strategy
We want you if you are:
- Intellectually Curious . You're comfortable navigating between the big ideas and executional realities to create an achievable strategic product vision. Comfortable with ambiguity, a hunger to learn and a seeker of new challenges.
- Communicator & Influencer. You're comfortable influencing a group of executives as well as communicating your product vision clearly to your associates and partners. You can be open to different communication styles and listen carefully to diverse sets of ideas.
- Do-er. You're biased toward action, and are willing to make commitments and trade-offs with other leaders to remove impediments for your team; you are a leader obsessed with delivering valuable in an iterative way focusing in minimum viable product
- Passionate & Customer Focus . You care about growing others and bringing them together around what's possible. You have a desire and ability to connect with our external or internal customers to fully understand their needs and build long lasting relationships.
- Learner. You have an appetite to learn new things or new technologies all while exhibiting humbleness when exploring unknown technologies; you will seek for internal solutions before building new
- Team Player. You enjoy working with diverse people and driving the team toward a common goal. You are also able to coach others and be a mentor in product development.
- Bachelor's Degree or military experience
- At least 8 years of experience in digital product management
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or Engineering
- MBA or Master's degree
- 8+ years of experience in Agile product management
- 8+ years of experience translating business strategy and analysis into consumer facing digital products
- Platform experience
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Capital One offers a comprehensive, competitive, and inclusive set of health, financial and other benefits that support your total well-being. Learn more at the Capital One Careers website . Eligibility varies based on full or part-time status, exempt or non-exempt status, and management level.
No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City's Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia's Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at [email protected] . All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One's recruiting process, please send an email to [email protected]
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).