Senior Technical Product Manager at Chewy (Boston, MA)
Chewy is seeking a Senior Technical Product Manager in Boston or Minneapolis .
Are you a technically savvy and experienced product manager? Chewy is looking for a Senior Technical Product Manager to join our Storefront Platform Team based in Boston or Minneapolis. As a platform owner, the Senior Technical Product manager is responsible for building a vision for the product, gathering and prioritizing requirements from stakeholders, and maintaining the application support structure which means getting in the trenches and participating in activities across the board.
As part of a dynamic team, this role offers a tremendous opportunity for professional growth in the leading online pet retailer in the United States. Our strong Storefront platform engineering team @Chewy is focused on building solutions which guide pet lovers in making their best, most informed decisions to purchase products that their pets love, every single day.
What You’ll Do:
- Define requirements which meet business needs
- Set priorities for the development team while working closely with technical leadership
- Coordinate with business stakeholders and continuously make sure your team is delivering according to the constantly growing needs of the business
- Work with engineering team to resolve bottlenecks to help deliver final system deliverables
- Coordinate activities across different organizational functions for initiatives
- Review and report on progress for initiatives/projects, managing project risks - including the development of contingency plans
- Own the final system deliverables and the overall road map for your area of responsibility.
- Measure, report and continuously improve scrum team’s effectiveness via mentoring and coaching
- Manage relationships with vendors, oversee all vendor engagements (including day-to-day support, service tickets and ad-hoc consulting services) for your area of responsibility
What You’ll Need:
- 7+ years of Technical or Product experience
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize upon understanding impact of initiative
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, related engineering degree or equivalent experience
- Agile experience (Scrum Master, Product Owner)
- Ability to perform business requirements analysis and design
- Excellent communication and organization skills
- Capability to identify and mitigate development and implementation risks
- Position may require occasional domestic travel
Bonus (if applicable):
- Experience with subscription-based platforms/systems in an ecommerce environment.
- Exceptional customer service skills, follows up with stakeholders and team members, and takes initiative to anticipate and solve problems.
- Experience with Cloud based technologies
If you have a disability under the Americans with Disabilities Act or similar law, or you require a religious accommodation, and you wish to discuss potential accommodations related to applying for employment at our company, please contact [email protected]
If you have a disability under the Americans with Disabilities Act or similar law, or you require a religious accommodation, and you wish to discuss potential accommodations related to applying for employment at Chewy, please contact [email protected]