Senior Technical Product Manager, People Graph Data Platform at Ancestry
| Provo, UT
Sorry, this job was removed at 10:48 p.m. (CST) on Tuesday, April 12, 2022
When you join Ancestry, you join a human-centered company where every person’s story is important. We believe that by discovering the struggles and triumphs of our past, we can foster deeper bonds and more meaningful connections among families and communities. Our talented team of scientists, engineers, genealogists, historians, and storytellers is dedicated to empowering customers around the world from all backgrounds on their journeys of personal discovery.
With more than 30+ billion digitized global historical records, 100+ million family trees, and 20+ million people in our growing AncestryDNA database, Ancestry helps customers discover their family story and gain a new level of understanding about their lives. Passionate about dedicating your work to enriching people’s lives? You belong at Ancestry.
Ancestry’s people graph is a knowledge graph about individuals that powers our core Ancestry website and mobile applications. It is a digital representation of unique people, including facts about their lives, historical records supporting these facts, pictures, relationships, and historical events during their lifetimes. The people graph data platform is part of our overarching Recommendations platform.
This passionate and values driven team uses the people graph to power many experiences on Ancestry, including search, recommendations, and marketing. They also find creative ways to create unique content and insights that provide valuable discoveries for our customers. The people graph platform helps people connect with their family legacy.
As Senior Technical Product Manager, People Graph Data Platform on our Recommendations team, you will improve the quality and capabilities of the people graph by integrating heavy data science and machine learning(ML) technologies in Ancestry’s people graph platform. You will create ever increasing customer value and provide enriched customer experiences through one of the world’s most unique data sets. You will work with industry-leading data scientists and engineers to make the Ancestry experience faster, easier, and more fun, uncovering unique discoveries about our users and their families.
This position can be based in either the Lehi, UT or San Francisco, CA offices. We are currently 100% remote. Our plan is to return to the office in Q1 2022 with a hybrid work model. Our offices are currently open for employees who wish to work onsite on a voluntary basis.
What you will do:
- With a deep understanding of knowledge graph based platforms, their customers, and the data that knowledge graphs cluster, you will champion our customers’ needs at all times
- Create and deeply evangelize the people graph vision and roadmap and coordinate with cross-domain partners to execute. This includes working closely with data scientists and engineers identifying gaps on the platform and building plans to address those gaps and alignment with our OKRs
- Synthesize research and consumer insights into high impact platform functionality.
- Partner with data scientists and engineers to define functional and system requirements for integration and improvement of ML/AI models into the platform
- Essentially, you are our knowledge graph technical product expert
Who you are:
- You totally understand how knowledge graph data science and how ML/AI works in product. You love using graph technologies to create innovative solutions for customers. Every time a customer says, “I feel like this product creates an immediate connection with those I’ve never had the pleasure of knowing,” you will know it's because of what you and this team are delivering
- You are a “let’s get this done” technical product manager. You most likely were an engineer or a data scientist in your previous roles. You may be a senior product owner, product savvy engineer, or data scientist today. At least 5+ years delivering ML/AI based knowledge graph data products
- You can communicate the what and why of knowledge graph technologies to both technical and non-technical people
- More than anything, you pride yourself on consistently delivering through highly engaged partnerships and collaboration with your colleagues, saying what you do and doing what you say. You got this!
Ancestry is an Equal Opportunity Employer that makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religious creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, mental or physical disability, medical condition, military or veteran status, citizenship, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. In addition, Ancestry will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
All job offers are contingent on a background check screen that complies with applicable law. For San Francisco office candidates, pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, Ancestry will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Ancestry is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Ancestry via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Ancestry. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Ancestry as a result of the referral or through other means.
More Information on Ancestry
Ancestry operates in the Other industry. The company is located in Lehi, UT, Englewood, CO and San Francisco, CA. Ancestry was founded in 1983. It has 1725 total employees. It offers perks and benefits such as Flexible Spending Account (FSA), Disability Insurance, Dental Benefits, Vision Benefits, Health Insurance Benefits and Life Insurance. To see all 69 open jobs at Ancestry, click here.
Read Full Job Description