Our Portland, Or Atlanta, GA area office is seeking an experienced individual to take on the role of Sr. Product Owner focused on our Fraud Decisioning Platform. The Sr. Product Owner will be primarily responsible for the platform decision layer that delivers decision outcomes to all our core products. This role will be responsible for the full lifecycle management of features into the decision layer in support of all Vesta products.
The successful candidate will work with the VP of Product and Product Managers on strategic planning through market/ stakeholder research and will be fully responsible for tactical roadmap execution activities and specifying requirements for current and future initiatives. The Sr. Product Owner will establish a shared vision and managed expectation with Product Management and business/operations stakeholders by building consensus on priorities and product execution. The Product Owner will participate in ideation and lead technical development and delivery of product or service. This role will own segments of the decision platform from inception to release, including supporting internal teams with demos, training on new features and incoming requests.
- Responsible for understanding the requirements and translating into epics and stories for the product or product segment.
- Manages the entire product development cycle from understanding and translation of requirements through to delivery of the product or features, including associated artifacts such as documentation updates. In the absence of a Product Manager, may also manage the strategic roadmap segment.
- Manages the Development Backlog, including prioritization of problems/bugs/tech debt in coordination with Product Manager.
- Accountable for overall delivery of a set of integrated, technically sound solutions for their assigned product or segment.
- Contributes to beta and pilot programs with early-stage products and samples (primarily internal).
- Acts as the expert for internal understanding on how the product functions.
- Works directly with Data Scientists, Data Analysts and ML Engineers to solicit, prioritize and deliver ML/Decision layer features.
- Works from a shared vision and manages expectations with stakeholders through backlog prioritization and consultative problem solving.
- Through collaboration with engineering management plan releases through agile scrum best practices.
- Realistically setting expectations of internal stakeholders, collaborates with Product Management to set expectations of external stakeholders.
- Working with product management develops requirements, stories and use cases for new product/ service features to be entered into the development backlog.
- Manages the story refinement process in keeping with agile principles.
- Co-collaborates with other product owners and managers across different segments in mutual initiatives, ensuring appropriate support.
Education & Experience Required:
- BA/BS degree.
- Product Owner certification a plus.
- Prior experience with features, ML models, scores etc. a plus.
- 5+ years product owner/ business analyst/ management experience or related.
- 5+ years developing and driving SaaS products, preferably in the payments and fraud space.
- Demonstrated success executing against a strategic roadmap delivering excellent products.
- Ability to simplify and standardize complex concepts/ processes
- Ability to tie together solutions across systems.
- Good knowledge of agile processes from differing methodologies and the ability to apply them in a flexible way.
- Ability to execute in the face of ambiguity.
- Application technical composition knowledge.
- Demonstrated ability to influence cross-functional teams without formal authority.
- Demonstrate consultative problem solving/ consulting.
- Business acumen and stakeholder relationship management.
- Ability and willingness to travel when required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication, interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Must be able to work independently and display initiative, self-motivation and dedication necessary for timely and successful work completion.
- Self-starter and a team player that will thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Preferred experience with business analysis/product ownership of a decision platform.
- High level of proficiency with JIRA, Confluence and MS Office tools.
Vesta is a Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) company that specializes in managing payments in the “card-not-present” (CNP) arena. We use next-level technologies and cutting-edge data science methodologies to bring unparalleled accuracy to fraud detection. Our zero liability solutions let merchants step fearlessly into the world of online commerce, so they can stop chargebacks—without stopping business.
We are a company reinventing ourselves for the future in an industry that is growing and changing at the same time. We are looking for talented people to join us who resonate with our Vesta Values: trust, partner, empower, passion and courage -- and who love to tackle new challenges every day.
We are also a casual, fun and flexible workplace that also offers highly competitive benefits including a selection of medical, dental and vision care options, paid parental leave, generous paid-time-off and a paid sabbatical program.
Vesta is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, veteran status, or disability.
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact [email protected] for assistance.