Senior Product Manager (Catering and Suites)
SpotOn is the leading enterprise cloud point of sale (POS) and management platform trusted by the world’s highest volume businesses. Our mission is to enhance the guest ordering experience while making operations more efficient and productive. As the technology hub for commerce, we’ve connected our ordering technologies which include POS terminals, handheld devices, self-service kiosks, mobile and online ordering, with best-in-class application and technology integrations.
SpotOn powers many well-known Fortune 500 companies and enterprises to process billions of dollars annually across multi-unit restaurants, sports and entertainment properties, education campuses, convention centers, theme parks, travel and leisure sites, for the NFL, MLB, NBA, and Live Nation among others.
About the job
SpotOn is looking for an exceptional Sr. Product Manager with an extensive background in Product roles working with Catering software products. This is a critical role focused on expanding and enhancing features to better compete and win in the Catering space.
Key areas of focus will include gathering customer and stakeholder feedback and requirements, performing market analysis, and helping define the strategic product direction in partnership with SpotOn Product Managers. You must possess a unique blend of business and technical savvy, a big-picture vision and the drive to make that vision a reality. This role will require balancing client and internal relationships, to drive market-leading products through innovative and simplistic architecture.
- Interact with key client stakeholders to gather requirements and present proposed solutions.
- Document business requirements from clients pertaining to POS operations and backend configurations.
- Partner with clients to help refine requirements into general market product features.
- Create and present design materials, competitive comparisons, and develop strategy for solution readiness to the client.
- Break down client requirements into clear roadmaps and deliverables while maintaining a product backlog according to business value or ROI.
- Lead regular grooming and planning exercises or coaching Product Owners to do so.
- Partner with other internal solutions architects and product managers to ensure cross-functional features aren’t client-specific or product-specific in order to satisfy our supported clients, products and industries.
- Manage collaboration and communication between multiple technical and product teams, to ensure all internal and external stakeholders share the same clear vision.
- Contribute to product vision, roadmap and growth opportunities for multiple clients across Appetize’s key verticals.
- Understand Agile/Scrum best practices.
- Translate operational, technical, financial and business requirements into a simple product solution.
- Partner with designers to incorporate User Experience as a key element of all product solutions.
- 5+ years of previous experience working with backend enterprise systems and APIs for mission critical software applications.
- 5+ years of experience in translating business needs into technical requirements.
- Critical problem-solving skills regarding complex business problems that span operational through technical challenges.
- Experience with research and market analysis and working with customers to determine the appropriate solution.
- Experience gaining alignment and prioritization across multiple internal and external stakeholders at all levels of the organization.
- Experience interfacing with CxO-level client partners and comfort in presenting technical and business challenges.
- Experience with software tools such as Jira, Confluence and Swagger etc.
- Ability to create and maintain a work environment that promotes client service, teamwork, performance feedback, individual recognition and mutual respect.
- Excellent teamwork skills including written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience in the multi-unit Restaurant/QSR industry and / or the Sports & Entertainment industry preferred.
- Strong negotiation skills for helping sway either clients or internal resources to make the right business decision.
- Travel required to customer and prospective customer sites.
SpotOn is committed to hiring a diverse workforce. We consider all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other basis as prohibited by federal, state or local law.