Nearly half of patients needing medical equipment at discharge don't get it in time. The ordering process is too convoluted and is still primarily handled by fax. These inefficiencies lead to higher cost of care and poorer patient outcomes. In the most extreme cases, this equipment means life or death.
At Parachute, it is our mission to make sure that every patient gets what they need, when they need it. We achieve this by driving efficiency through digital connectivity into every aspect of the ordering process, making it delightfully simple.
We empower our product teams by giving them space to solve complex problems in ways that our customers and users love, while driving our business forward. As a PM at Parachute, you will work closely with a Design and Engineering lead to align your balanced team on a clear prioritization and ensure that every member understands the business strategy behind the initiatives.
Parachute is a fast-growing, fully remote company improving the lives of millions of patients every year. We're looking for a Product Manager to join our amazingly talented team to help us accelerate our impact across the continuum of post-acute care.
- Passionate about improving the post-acute patient experience
- An excellent communicator; presenting ideas clearly and succinctly
- Highly collaborative. You work with a diverse set of stakeholders to create alignment around product vision and prioritization.
- Endlessly curious and motivated to find new and better ways to deliver value
- Results-oriented with high levels of independence and efficiency. You can look at problems and create solutions from high-level goals to ground-level execution.
- A fast learner. Healthcare is hard, and changing it isn't trivial. You are excited to dive deep into the details and become an expert in your focus area
- Analytical. You use data to clarify decisions wherever possible.
- Great at prioritizing. There are a million ways to make healthcare better - we can't fix all of them at once! Where will you start and why?
- User focused. You are about understanding our users' needs. You are empathetic, curious, and ask questions before offering solutions
- Experienced. You have past successes driving software product forward, ideally at a startup:within a complex marketplace platform, with a diversity of stakeholders
- Motivated. You are energized by the opportunity to tackle difficult problems and enjoy making lasting impact by shipping value to our users and customers
What You'll Do
- Work with an incredible team of engineers, designers, and internal and external stakeholders to improve post-acute care
- Partner with Design to perform discovery research and activities about user personas and workflows
- Team up with Engineering to ensure we build a scalable, delightful product that delivers for our users across the healthcare ecosystem
- Align your balanced product team on a clear strategy and prioritize work in progress to maximize user outcomes, customer satisfaction and business growth
- Measure and analyze the product success/fail metrics in your product area and align them to our overall business goals
- Work with current and potential partners to aid in market research, business development, feedback collection, analytics, and account management as needed
- Passionate about improving patient outcomes in the healthcare space
- Excellent communication; present ideas clearly and succinctly
- Strong collaboration skills; ability to create company-wide alignment around product vision and prioritization
- Endless curiosity and motivated to find new and better ways to deliver value
- Results-oriented with high levels of independence and efficiency
- Past successes driving product at a software company, bonus points for work at a startup
- Experience working in an agile environment
- Ability to manage multiple projects and priorities
- Proven ability to develop an in-depth understanding of a market
- Willingness and excitement to get your hands dirty: help customer support, debug customer issues, QA the application, anything we need to be successful!
Nice to Have
- Bachelor's Degree in a technical, scientific, or quantitative field, or equivalent experience
- A background in healthcare, and knowledge of healthcare complexity
- Experience working on and leading balanced product teams
- Work alongside an experienced, mission-oriented team (ThoughtWorks, Pivotal Labs, Plated, Frog, J2, Tumblr, Epic)
- Great compensation and benefits package including fully-paid medical, dental, and vision insurance
- 401(k) retirement plan
- Fully remote company with a tech stipend (with option to return to NYC office part-time or full-time post-pandemic)
- Flexible vacation policy
- Summer Fridays
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.