Senior Product Manager at Karat
The status quo for technical interviewing doesn’t meet the needs of candidates or hiring companies. Haphazard interview experiences, subjective evaluations, and lack of capacity and expertise mean too many companies miss their hiring goals and miss out on great software engineers. At Karat, it's our mission to create better outcomes for companies and candidates by making every interview predictive, fair, and enjoyable.
Karat conducts first-round technical interviews on behalf of companies including Indeed, Atlassian, Intuit, Peloton, The New York Times and Wayfair. We do this through a community of Interview Engineers who are equipped with Karat's interviewing platform, battle-tested questions, and data-informed best practices.
The result is highly predictive and fair interviews at scale that candidates truly enjoy. Karat has amassed the largest and most robust dataset of structured interview intelligence to produce never-before-seen hiring analytics.
As the world continues to transition to virtual work, and the fairness of hiring practices in the tech industry come under greater scrutiny, Karat is uniquely positioned to be a valuable, strategic partner as companies transition to 100% remote hiring.
Founded in 2014, Karat is a privately held and venture-funded company based in Seattle.Product at Karat
Product at Karat is a unique opportunity to reimagine the world’s interviewing status quo. We are human-centered, results driven, and data informed.
Your role as a Senior Product Manager will be to define and execute a product vision that brings our mission and business forward. From designing an annual product strategy in collaboration with our leadership team to bringing that dream to life with our engineers and designers, this role can flexibly fly at bird’s eye view or on ground level to create and deliver long term product impact and deliver core business reviews with key leaders at the company.
This is a full time position that will be based at our HQ in Seattle, WA (barring covid restrictions).Core Responsibilities
As a Product Manager at Karat, you’ll be responsible for but not limited to:
- Define product vision that aligns with Karat’s business goals
- Design, obtain buy in, and execute product roadmaps
- Define the success metrics for your product(s)
- Lead and deliver projects from ideation, prioritization, design, development, and release
- Lead product engineering team to accomplish goals and create high value outcomes for users
- Collaborate closely with all product and business stakeholders to ensure success of end to end solutions
- Present product health and solutions for high-value problems to leadership on an ongoing basis
- Be part of defining Karat’s product management culture
- 8-12 years of product management experience on a SaaS, B2B, or logistics tech product
- Strong communicator: you can expertly collaborate across executives, engineering, design, internal stakeholders, and clients
- Proven experience ideating, developing, and launching software products with engineering and design teams
- Ambiguous problems are fun, you’re resourceful and do what needs to be done to hit product and business goals
- Empathy is at the forefront of how you approach work
- Results driven, not features
- Bonus: startup experience and working in dynamic, fast moving environments
While doing meaningful work is rewarding in itself, we also offer the following programs and benefits for all our full-time employees:
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Medical / dental / vision insurance
- Flexible vacation and paid company holidays
- Paid parental leave
- State-of-the-art equipment for your work station
In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination or harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital/domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination and harassment based on “protected categories,” we also strive to prevent other subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (i.e., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our office. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at Karat.
We value a diverse workforce: people of color, womxn, and LGBTQIA+ individuals are strongly encouraged to apply.
If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know at [email protected]